Planner Scheduler- Maintenance
Branchburg Township, New Jersey
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for planning, scheduling, and documenting the preventative and corrective maintenance on the mechanical systems of the facility at one or several Lilly Branchburg campus buildings, with working knowledge of electrical, hvac, metrology, plumbing, general maintenance and rigging. Assist with new equipment installation, other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the management.
The duties include operation of the Facility’s HVAC/BMS, industrial and pure water systems, boilers, compressed air systems, UPS systems, emergency generators, process gas systems, heat transfer skids, industrial waste, and other equipment in the facility. Preventative and corrective maintenance on the facilities mechanical systems, installation of new equipment and general plumbing, electrical and painting/carpentry work, as well as, other duties as assigned.
The objective of this position is to work with other facility, manufacturing and lab personnel to help the company and all its personnel reach their goals and provide a safe, clean and efficient environment.
This position requires working in a Team environment to assist the company and all personnel to reach their goals and provide a safe, clean and efficient environment. Ensuring that all operations remain in compliance with cGMP’s, EPA, and OSHA requirements as well as within the Lilly requirements.
- The primary responsibility for the role is to improve the productivity, equipment reliability and quality of maintenance by eliminating any potential delays and obstacles through proper planning and scheduling of parts, machine time and maintenance manpower. The position is responsible for planning and scheduling all non-emergency maintenance and is the liaison or coordinator between the Facility’s customers (production, laboratories, administrative, utility, etc.) and the maintenance organization. This position also maintains the appropriate equipment records and files to permit meaningful analysis and reporting of results.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PM) and corrective maintenance work orders on facilities, HVAC, utility systems, water filtration, laboratory equipment, mechanical and electrical systems, as per schedule. Document all work in accordance with cGXP requirements and Lilly SOPs.
- Monitor building management system, including room environmental conditions and critical/non-critical alarms. Report and troubleshoot alarms as required.
- Provide plumbing/mechanical, carpentry and/or electrical installation support for office and lab repairs, modifications, build-outs.
- Maintain cleanliness of the facility, equipment and supply storage areas.
- Provide occasional on-site management of contractors and work with them on preventive, corrective and emergency work orders, ensuring all Lilly documentation and safety procedures are adhered to.
- Provide ongoing feedback to supervision for the revision and updating of applicable SOP’s, job plans, and spare parts.
- Troubleshoot and assist supervision as required on resolving equipment malfunctions, alarms, investigations, and change controls (if applicable).
- Recognize and report hazardous conditions, take appropriate work place safety measures and follow all OSHA and Lilly Environmental, Health and Safety procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with 2 years vocational, industrial, trade school or apprentice program experience.
- 8-12 years’ experience architectural/electrical/mechanical construction and/or maintenance experience.
- Experience in a cGXP environment required
- Ability to lift 80 lbs. and to climb a ladder
- Special licenses and/or certificates of fitness, as required by city or state regulations.
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing, if applicable.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of equipment operation.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbally.
- Must be able to work independently (self-motivated) and in a team environment with multiple crafts.
- Proficiency in a CMMS (e.g. Maximo, etc.), Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details.
- This will be a Day Shift position Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55050.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up