Company OverviewAt Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering; developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
We strive to make life better and to be leaders in diversity and inclusion, clinical research, corporate responsibility and employee benefits. For more than 140 years, we have received recognition from several distinguished organizations for our efforts. Here are some of our 2019 honors:
- Catalyst Award, for our innovative Employee Journeys and People Strategy
- Corporate Knights, Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Ethisphere, World's Most Ethical Companies
- Forbes, America's Best Employers for Diversity
- Forbes, America's Best Large Employers
ResponsibilitiesAs a HVAC Maintenance Mechanic, you will provide maintenance support for our manufacturing areas. In this position, you will focus on equipment up-time and reliability. You will work closely with Production, Engineering, Quality Control and various other groups to troubleshoot, maintain and perform Corrective and Preventative maintenance on HVAC, HEPA filters and/or refrigerant systems and provide project support on production and utility related equipment. May also perform general maintenance in other systems.
- Install, repair, and perform preventive maintenance on basic heating and cooling systems (e.g., unit heaters, gas furnaces, humidifiers, refrigerators, ice makers, drinking fountains and circulating pumps).
- Install, repair, and perform preventive maintenance on complex heating and cooling systems (e.g., Multi-zone heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment, pneumatic, electric, and electronic control systems, Cargocaire systems).
- Balance flow in air handling systems, fume hoods, and specialty applications to bring systems back into design specifications.
- Install, repair coils for HVAC systems (e.g., brazing, soldering).
- Recommend and make design changes to improve efficiency or reliability of operation of heating, ventilating and air conditioning, freeze dryer, and chiller equipment, as applicable.
- Perform basic sheet metal fabrication, insulation tasks.
- Install, replace and test filter systems (e.g., HEPA, frame filters).
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electronic controls, especially Johnson Controls, (Metasys).
- Inspect, validate and repair HEPA filters by checking air velocity, checking static pressure readings, performing dioctyl phthalate (DOP smoke test) inspections, inspecting fan systems to check air flow/air balance and to make necessary adjustments to belts, motors and prefilters to maintain efficiency, checking and validating alarms, replacing differential pressure switches, and cleaning blower cabinets in hoods.
- Provide accurate, complete, and legible Work Order documentation on both paper copy (when required) and in GMARS
- Repair and perform preventive maintenance on process and comfort chiller systems (e.g., brine, water, and glycol).
- Do general maintenance in other systems as required.
- 5 years journeyman level HVAC experience in a heavy industrial environment
- Associates Degree in HVAC maintenance discipline or
- High School diploma or GED with equivalent work experience
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of troubleshooting HVAC related equipment failures
- Basic computer skills
- Good documentation practices and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in team environment
- Track record of maintaining a neat and orderly work area (good housekeeping)
- Willingness to work outside of your craft, as required
- Ability to follow written procedures while performing maintenance activities
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, working safely and accountable for supporting all HSE Corporate and Site Goals
- Experience within a regulated industry; FDA regulated industries preferred
- Ability to perform quality work without close supervision
- Proficiency in CMMS (e.g., Maximo).
- Experience in providing a high-level of customer service.
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend annually for up to 4 years.
- The Lilly Craft Pathways Team does post jobs for full time status with job recruiting events for all eligible FDE employees.
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Individual must be able to comply with all building gowning and SOP requirements.
- Must be willing to work overtime during peak periods. Schedule could change due to business needs for additional coverage during Shutdowns, training and peak vacation times.
- Applicant may be expected to perform in various areas within the Indy manufacturing sites.
- The mobility and exposure to allergens should be considered when applying for this position.
- The probability of working in confined spaces and Aseptic environments.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
- Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 56307.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up