Health Outcomes Scientist-Biomedicines
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Health Outcomes Scientist in Early Phase Immunology, you will have the opportunity to provide strategic insight into the health outcomes evidence needs (e.g., health economics, patient reported outcomes, policy vis a vis access and reimbursement) for Lilly’s developing immunology portfolio. This role has line of sight to multiple products in the portfolio and allows you the chance to provide strategic insight into disease states for additional drug development opportunities. Broad knowledge of health outcomes disciplines across the globe is desired as well as therapeutic area knowledge in disease states such as psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, etc. Research project leadership is required. This role will provide time to develop and articulate product value propositions, patient reported outcomes strategies, and differentiation strategies using health outcomes research.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
Environmental Awareness (10%)
- Maintains awareness of significant developments in disease states such as: psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and lupus; and health outcomes field including: current health outcomes methodologies and applications, and other issues as appropriate for the position.
- Anticipates and evaluates future market needs and trends for health outcomes information within specified health care environments.
- Influences the internal and external environment and environmental factors that shape and impact health outcomes.
- Develops and oversees global health outcomes research strategy for compounds in the Lilly portfolio in the relevant therapeutic area.
- Provides strategic direction to address complex health outcomes challenges.
- Formulates or significantly contributes to health outcomes strategies for multiple projects and/or geographies.
Study Development (25%)
- Develops specific Health Outcomes research programs for compounds/products across the development and commercialization lifecycle, as appropriate for role to influence and support appropriate access evidence needs for Lilly products.
- Technical expertise may include scope or depth to conducting statistical analysis, economic models, clinical trials, PRO instrument development, observational/epidemiologic research, and health technology or other outcome assessment within a therapeutic area.
- Solves difficult health outcomes issues associated with registration, pricing, reimbursement, and access initiatives through appropriate application of disease state knowledge and research methods.
Project Management (10%)
- Ensures health outcomes program/process of study research agenda budgets are realistic, attained on time, and on budget.
- Maintain awareness of, and coordinate as appropriate, research efforts among affiliates and the GPORWE platforms and Center of Expertise to optimize resource use and make shared learnings easily accessible to all parties involved with the therapeutic area, disease state, and/or research methodology
Information Dissemination (10%)
- Effectively communicates health outcomes information to internal business partners, the scientific community, and customers. Leads dissemination of health outcomes information in appropriate scientific venues via development, preparation, and presentation of abstracts, posters, and manuscripts
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts meetings with key internal and external decision makers.
- Ensures alignment with global/regional cross-functional teams (e.g. corporate affairs, medical, marketing, regulatory, pricing, etc.).
Organizational Leadership (15%)
- Leads GPORWE Molecule Core Team for an assigned asset.
- Links technical expertise with business unit knowledge to influence and affect cross-functional initiatives within the Principles of Medical Research framework.
- Establishes and maintains strategic relationships with key internal and external decision makers.
- Effectively influences planning and implementation across the development and commercialization lifecycle teams.
- An advanced degree, including Ph.D., M.D., MS, or PharmD/Master's (with research) in relevant disciplines (e.g., economics, epidemiology, health administration, health services, medicine, pharmacoeconomics, psychology, statistics, or other relevant sciences).
- 2-4 years experience as a post doctoral scientist or from industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a team-oriented/cross-functional environment.
- The ability to think and act globally with a customer focus and a solution orientation.
- The ability to travel domestically and to international locations.
- Knowledge and experience of health care systems in the U.S., Europe, Asia or other settings as appropriate for the position requirements.
- Understanding of and experience with clinical settings and clinical research.
- Technical and analytic capabilities in the areas of economic modelling, economic evaluation, cost-effectiveness evaluation, burden of disease, epidemiology, statistics, health care policy etc.
- The ability to influence individuals.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application processes please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55634.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up