Greenville, South Carolina
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
ResponsibilitiesLilly is bringing more innovation to the Dermatology field. This innovation will be presented to dermatologists through a sophisticated, respected and prepared sales force.
The Dermatology sales specialist is responsible for effectively handling a defined territory and focus on priority health providers in that area. The sales specialist will build preference for Lilly as a partner in Dermatology, grow customer value metric scores, meet sales targets, effectively engage customers, have business ownership mindset and effectively implement corporate strategies.
Primary Position Responsibilities (key result areas and levels of responsibility) in representing Lilly as a leader in Dermatology community and marketplace:
- Historical track record of sales success: Strive to consistently achieve quarter-over-quarter sales growth in the territory, which results in exceeding sales expectations.
- Superbly run territory as it relates to targeting, messaging, programs, and budget.
- Conduct market analysis to develop and implement territory business plans.
- Effectively utilize strategic account based selling to achieve goals by building relationships with the total office and meeting customer needs with all members of an account.
- Identify and develop influential business relationships with the focus on anticipating and exceeding needs, with key customers/influencers/prescribers, speakers, thought and opinion leaders, state and local advocacy groups, teaching institutions, and managed care personnel/organizations when appropriate.
- Focus on developing or building key resource and referral networks to enhance the standard of care for dermatology patients within the territory.
- Partner with customers to understand practice workflow and patient needs within the practice. As a business owner, provide resources and meet customer needs for disease-state information, diagnostic and patient identification resources, and product-specific support.
- Assist and coordinate with physicians and office staff through drug initiation process, device training, patient support programs, and follow-up where applicable.
- Support treatment initiation logistics where appropriate.
- Collaborate with nurse educators, access specialists, and other commercial partners to ensure a positive patient experience with treatment.
- Collaborate and partner with peers in the Dermatology sales organization and brand team.
- Develop deep knowledge of dermatology industry/research, local and regional market trends, disease-state, product and competitor knowledge.
- Passionately pursue ongoing medical knowledge development within and outside of formal Lilly training by reading industry/technical literature (e.g. articles, journals, newsletters) and attending medical conferences when possible.
- Share learning effectively with teammates to serve as a learning resource within the Geo-managed team.
- Earn reputation throughout the dermatology community as a subject-matter expert and a valued resource.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional certification or license required to perform this position if required by state
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Minimum five years sales experience with either dermatology/immunology and/or biologics/in-office infusions
- Strong background in navigating complex accounts within integrated health systems
- Extensive experience or deep understanding of specialty pharmacy distribution model
- Ability to incorporate the “total office” selling approach/account management
- Ability to personalize the customer approach-IQ/EQ balance
- Experience in non-sales role such as marketing, six sigma, operations, or affiliate leadership
- Quick learning agility/self-development focus
- Patient centric mindset
- Ability to lead the service value chain – extraordinary leadership, engaged employees, uncommon customer experiences leading to strong business performance – across team, peers and leadership
- Consistent record of exceeding sales expectations
- Strong business analytical skills (business/ financial acumen)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle complexity while making the product experience simple for the customer
- Live in or be willing to relocate to the area of responsibility.
- Approximately 25%-50% travel; some overnight travel may be required.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to provide secure and temperature controlled location for product samples may be required.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 56595.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up