Utility and Facilities Manager
Durham, North Carolina
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Brand Description:
Lilly unites caring with discovery to create medicines that make life better for people around the world. Lilly is a fortune 500 company that has been in operation for over 140 years. We make medicine with safety first and quality always while living our company values of Integrity, Excellence, and Respect for People.
Lilly is designing and building a new state of the art Parenteral, Device Assembly, and Packaging Facility located at the Research Triangle Park (RTP) in North Carolina. This is an exciting opportunity to help build and operate a state-of-the-art manufacturing site from the ground up.
The Utility/Facility Manager is responsible for the staffing, training, and leadership of the site utilities and facilities groups. The Utility/Facility Manager will be responsible for providing the sites utility and facilities asset delivery, process development, commissioning, qualification, validation, and start-up. After start-up, the Utility/Facility Manager will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day utility, facility activities as well as planning for the 3-to-6-month horizon. The Utility/Facility Manager is expected to lead by example and provide coaching to others in the areas of safety, quality, engineering, and continuous improvement.
- Support the Engineering Director to build a diverse and capable Utility/Facility organization based in engineering first principles.
- Deliver utility assets and their supporting systems through user requirements, design, build, commissioning, qualification, validation, and subsequent operation.
- Deliver Facility services and their supporting systems and subsequent operations
- Provide leadership and develop objectives to deliver Business Plan Goals as it relates to Safety, Quality, and Utilities/Facilities effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintain metrics to measure performance against business objectives and make necessary changes to improve performance.
- Interact with Regulatory Agencies during site inspections.
- Drive the safety culture and Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) compliance in daily work.
- Provide technical guidance to the RTP Utilities/Facilities group.
- Meet the Utilities/Facilities financial objectives through planning, directing, controlling, implementing, evaluating, monitoring, and forecasting as needed to achieve expense budgets and capital plan targets.
- Manage external contracts, resources as well as internal technical and project management resources, as needed.
- Utilize recognition tools as appropriate to reward individual and team accomplishments.
- Determine staffing and resource needs to support RTP site Utility/Facility requirements.
- Relevant experience in Maintenance (Utilities and Facilities) and Engineering
- Assignments in Facilities management, Maintenance, Reliability or Manufacturing operations
- At least 7 years in Engineering and or Maintenance experience.
- Previous management or leadership experience including leading or working effectively with a cross functional group.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to train and mentor others
- Relevant experience operating in an FDA regulated environment
- Six Sigma black or green belt certified
- CMRP certification
- Solid understanding of basic requirements of regulatory agencies such as the FDA, EMEA, DEKRA, and OSHA.
- Previous experience in Maintenance and or Engineering
- Previous Utilities/Facility or area start up experience.
- Previous equipment qualification and process validation experience.
- Previous experience with deviation and change management systems including Trackwise.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- The position is for the Lilly Research Triangle Park site and during the project phase will allow for a flexible working environment with the ability to periodically work remotely based on the project phase and site activities.
- Position may require a short duration assignment of 1-2 months in Indianapolis to establish specific device knowledge and establish global contacts.
- Ability to work 8 hour days – Monday through Friday
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to travel up to 20% during Asset Delivery and < 10% after startup
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-13876.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up