Trial Capabilities Associate - Contracts & Budgeting
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 800 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 44 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management, Medical Information, Procurement, Trail Capabilities, Global Scientific Communications and more to come on stream across 2020.
This, along with the physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility extends our overall capacity to in excess of 1000 employees where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, barista, gym, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees - Culture Club, Diversity & Inclusion, Sports & Social, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
The Trials Capability Associate is responsible for overseeing specific clinical contract activities. The primary responsibilities include providing contract process guidance, conducting contract negotiations, conducting contract analyses, facilitating compliance, and pursuing contracting process improvements. The Consultant will also be expected to balance the requirements of ensuring appropriate controls with a streamlined, customer-focused, and timely contracting process.
The Trial Capabilities Associate plays a critical role in communicating and negotiating contracts with the appropriate site, team, or affiliate personnel, including:
- Communicate Lilly’s position on various contract issues, identify relationship-building opportunities, secure site contracts, collect site feedback, and facilitate communication with various personnel. This responsibility includes assisting Trial Capabilities Associates with difficult contract negotiations and significant interventions, and follow-up will be necessary to facilitate this objective;
- Communicate and negotiate more complex contracts, including Phase I, PET Studies, Oncology Cooperatives, Oncology Networks, and/or Endocrine portfolio sites; and
- Work with partners across Lilly to review/approve all contracts exceptions.
Process Improvement and Training:
The Trial Capabilities Associate will be responsible for maintaining and conducting contract-related training, including:
- Develop and implement training for new contract associates and customers;
- Create, maintain, and distribute contract templates, process documentation, and contract-specific documentation (such as the Legal Guidance Document,) as the contract process owner; and
- Act as a mentor to the Contract Associates to provide the necessary guidance and knowledge transfer to allow the contract associates to be successful negotiators.
The Trial Capabilities Associate also provides clinical trial contract guidance to other Lilly business partners, including:
- Develop process documentation;
- Facilitate quality, speed and value through information sharing, , business partnership, and assurance that all guidance is aligned with Lilly policies, clinical processes, and appropriate guidance;
- Facilitating meetings with other contracting groups; and
- Serve as the primary contact and process owner for interactions between TC and Lilly Legal personnel related to process changes, documentation requirements, and site contracting issues.
Contract Process Improvements-
The Trial Capabilities Associate is responsible for identifying and implementing improvements to the contracting processes.
- Accountable for standardizing and streamlining contract activities, as well as using metrics to drive improvement throughout the entire contracting process;
- Increase contracting efficiency and effectiveness by ensuring that learning is shared and leveraged; and
- Anticipate changes by evaluating issues and opportunities, both internal and external, and making recommendations to TC management.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience negotiating contracts
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Process driven
- Strong critical thinking skills
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Advanced degree or legal degree
- Thorough understanding of GDPR and other privacy regulations
- Experience negotiating privacy clauses with clinical research sites
- Experience working with global business partners and a global team.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-1758.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up