TPRM (Third Party Risk Management) Manager - Third Party Management Office
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 850 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 44 nationalities.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management, Medical Information ,Procurement, Trial Capabilities, Global Scientific Communications and more to come on stream in 2020/21.
Lilly works with an extensive network of third party organizations to perform a vast range of activities across the enterprise. Known internal risks that impact Lilly such as privacy, information security, compliance, pricing, IT, etc. are amplified or compounded with the use of third parties. Today, third party oversight is decentralized at Lilly. There are many functions working with third parties in some capacity including, but not limited to: Procurement, Third Party Management Organizations (TPMOs), Risk Domain Partners including Audit/Assessment Teams.
The TPRM organization is implementing a holistic program to support consistent, efficient, and effective decision making and determining potential inherent risk. The central team’s scope encompasses priority business and risk areas across all stages of the third party collaboration lifecycle.
Successful execution of this strategy will reduce third party risk, strengthen capabilities, drive consistency and efficiency, and reduce cost.
The scope of the TPRM hub team will include the following:
Create and maintain policies, procedures, and training to drive consistent TPRM for third party use. Liaise with Risk Domain Partners to create and maintain Risk Definitions, Tolerances, and Required Training for TPMOs, Engagement Owners, and Third Parties. Construct and own the overall TPRM Program. Own the enterprise TPRM technology solution. Provide oversight of the TPRM initial and on-going monitoring due diligence processes. Report progress and results to Senior Leadership including, but not limited to, the CPO, the SVP of Ethics & Compliance, and the Compliance & Enterprise Risk Management Committee (CERMC).
The TPMO serves as first line of defence support responsible for using their risk management expertise coupled with business insights to enable Engagement Owners (EOs), Relationship Owners (ROs) and Functional Owners (FOs) to effectively manage third parties and associated engagements in accordance with TPRM Program guidance. The TPMO Manager will have oversight of team tasks and activities ensuring that all work is performed with excellence. The manager will also actively connect with the team and drive engagement to ensure a high performing team and culture.
People & Engagement
- Demonstrates Team Lilly behaviors including the Lilly values of Integrity, Excellence and Respect for People
- Creates and contributes to an environment of enthusiasm and accountability to enable the team to reach set goals
- Ensures the alignment between the goals of the business, TPRMs goals and individual goals
- Creates a safe environment where all team members feel they can share their unique opinions and ideas
- Provides support for direct reports, through Performance Management and Development planning conversations
- Monitors work, providing feedback and coaching to ensure contact consistency in standards and ensuring the team meets or exceed targets
- Provides feedback and coaching on individual performance
- Accountable for team day-to-day operations and resources tasks appropriately
- Ensures operational goals are met with best in class processes/systems and within compliance boundaries
- Leads and supports the TPMO team to deliver on all aspects of the TPMO service catalog including but not limited to, third party governance support, contracting support in partnership with procurement, intake & IRQ support, operational oversight, due diligence activities, findings management and exits / terminations
- Cultivates a mindset of continuous improvement within the team
- Facilitates team meetings to communicate team performance goals, results and general business needs
- Demonstrate a strong compliance oriented mindset & help to build a strong compliance culture within the team
- Ensures all team trainings are update to date at all times
- Improve operational efficiency and optimize value by driving synergies across the third party base
- Decides and acts promptly, using good judgment and anticipates or removes obstacles that get in the way of progress
- Supports efforts to implement processes and technologies to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Delivers and drives excellence in quality standards
- Establishes and maintain strong working relationships with all functional stakeholders including RO/FO/EOs Procurement/Risk Domain Partners
- Provides functional governance through TPMO Council leadership
- Participates in TPRM Steering Committee and Operations committee as required
- Partners with Data Insights lead to ensure business operations reporting and dashboards are in place to allow for oversight and enhanced decision making
- Partners with Procurement to inform sourcing strategy for business unit
- Partners closely with the TPRM Hub to evolve and expand Lilly’s third party management capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experienced and proven people manager
- 3+ years Third party management experience or similar
- Familiar with Aravo or similar Third Party Risk Management technology
- Experience in a fast paced working environment
- Strong technical and data analytical skills
- Proven ability to frame clear choices and achieve quick wins
- Proven experience influencing constituents without formal authority to adopt improvements, changes to status quo
- Proven track record delivering outstanding results in challenging business environments
- Strong communication and influence skills
- Possesses strong business acumen (understanding how our industry operates, our value chain, our customers, industry dynamics, other)
- Resourcefulness in knowing where to find experts; having an awareness of how things get done
- Demonstrates credibility and engenders trust by bringing objectivity to all situations
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization with a full range of styles
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-4422.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up