Cork, MunsterNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Eli Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 500 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management, Medical Information and more to come on stream across 2020.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility will extend our overall capacity where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees - Culture Club, Diversity & Inclusion, Sports & Social, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
“We see Cork as an integral part of our productivity agenda. If you are excited by new opportunity and new scope, you are working at the right place.” – Dave Ricks, CEO Lilly
The role(s) will be responsible for supporting a number of key spend categories across Marketing & Sales and General Administrative activities at an International / multi region level. This requires working closely with internal clients and external companies to evaluate opportunities, define strategies and implement innovative solutions for the selection of suppliers. The role also entails managing existing relationships to ensure Lilly maximises the full value from our supply chain spend.
The candidate will ideally have proven experience within Procurement / Category Management or have had exposure to external third party interactions and would be useful to have had some legal or contracting background.
- Apply strategic sourcing processes, utilising project management skills and techniques to ensure timely delivery.
- Manage supplier relationships in conjunction with business areas.
- Act as an escalation point for contractual and performance issues.
- Negotiate and develop contracts within area of responsibility.
- Manage sourcing/tendering process, utilising eSourcing type tools.
- Provide commercial advice to business areas as required.
- Work with internal business partners to develop approved supplier strategies and listings in key areas of responsibility
- Promote and ensure compliance with procurement processes and Financial Responsibility Authorisation Policy
- MBA or Degree level of education in supply chain, business administration or information technology
- Experience of interacting with External parties as part of previous role(s)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Additional languages capability would be advantageous
- CIPS / IIPMM / ISM qualification and/or relevant Procurement experience
- Good IT literacy with the Microsoft Office suite
- A good knowledge of procurement processes and procedures
- 3-5 years Procurement, Category management or supply chain experience preferred
- Ability to interpret and evaluate multiple source information and make recommendations
- Able to communicate effectively, develop strong relationships and influence at all levels cross-functionally, both internally and externally
- Commercially aware with a proactive, energetic, can-do attitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects and internal customer groups
- Comfortable with external interactions and negotiations
- Self-motivated, able to pro-actively seek and prioritise opportunities
- Skilled at working with minimal close guidance
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54010.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up