Senior Manager, Trial Capabilities
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 800 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 44 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management, Medical Information, Procurement, Trail Capabilities, Global Scientific Communications and more to come on stream across 2020.
This, along with the physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility extends our overall capacity to in excess of 1000 employees where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, barista, gym, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees - Culture Club, Diversity & Inclusion, Sports & Social, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
- The Senior Manager, Trial Capabilities leads Clinical Trial Capabilities EMEA in support of clinical development. This includes oversight of the countries of responsibility in the region that provide the global clinical trial capabilities in support of global clinical development.
- Accountable for site activation/management/closeout, site contracting, clinical finance, records management, training, and trial metrics across the therapeutic areas.
- Line manages Trial Capabilities Managers accountable for the prioritisation, planning and implementation of site initiation and maintenance activities for their country(ies) of responsibility.
- Works closely with site engagement counterparts in affiliates, global study teams and the design hub ensuring accurate planning, prioritisation and timely execution to meet portfolio needs.
- Provides leadership, direction and technical support to the Clinical Trial Capabilities Teams focusing on results and driving efficiency to achieve goals and objectives. The Senior manager will ensure inspection readiness at all times by following GCP requirements and through a complete, accurate and readily available Trial Master File.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification, preferably in a scientific or health related field, with a minimum of 5 years clinical research experience or relevant experience
- Excellent understanding of the overall clinical development paradigm and the importance of efficient site set-up
- Previous supervisory experience – minimum 2-3 years experience of being a Leader of Leaders is desired, but not essential
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others and lead across the business
- Project management processes and skills
- Appreciation of / experience in compliance-driven environment
- Ability to learn and comply with financial and legal guidelines and policies
- Effective communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Self-management and organizational skills
- Language capabilities desired but not essential
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-6404.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up