Senior Analyst/Architect - CMS IT
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 750+ of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 44 nationalities, speaking over 35 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management, Medical Information and more to come on stream across 2018 and 2019.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility will extend our overall capacity to in excess of 1000 employees where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidized canteen, wellbeing facilities, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees Diversity & Inclusion, TLC (Team Lilly Culture), Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
- Technical oversight of Customer Meeting Services technology stack
- Lead a team of onshore and offshore developers and testers in producing system enhancements, new functionality and potentially development and implementation of new systems.
- Work closely with Business Integrators and Project team in producing solutions to ongoing business demands.
- Understanding the business landscape to ensure continuous adherence to compliance, privacy and legal obligations.
- Collaborate with the wider Lilly IT organisation to ensure that CMS is adhering to the standards and recommendations within the global landscape.
- Get an understanding of the Meetings world and the available tools and technology that may offer enhancements and advantages to our business
- Advocate an Agile delivery approach, where appropriate, focusing on MVP.
- Play an active role in application modernization and helping to ensure the retirement of legacy tools and technologies as appropriate.
- Deliver a level of third line support to the business for any issues beyond the level one and two functions.
- The candidate is expected to be able to drive a change and enhancement agenda through both analytics driven business insights and automation opportunities to drive efficiencies and productivity gains within the CMS and CMS IT space,
- Minimum 6 years systems/application experience
- Degree in technology related discipline - Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Programming, Systems Design, etc.
- Experience working with vendor systems, as well as in-house bespoke applications
- Experience working with global teams, both on-shore and off-shore in a multi-continental setup
- Proven track record of project delivery across a number of business areas
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of IT, and with senior business stakeholders - talking about functionality, limitations and deliverables in understandable terms.
- Exposure to Agile methodology is preferred. Any Agile related qualifications, like Scrum Master.
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence, Bamboo etc
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build networks with diverse groups of individuals and to work effectively within geographically dispersed team and partners
- Strong customer orientation
- Strong communication skills
- General technical skills
- Capacity to dive into implementation details in problem-solving mode when appropriate
- Ability to work in a global, virtual organisation.
- PL/SQL, SQL or other database experience is desirable
- Experience with Atlassian suite of tools, especially Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Github
- Understanding of Agile delivery methodology (SCRUM, Kanban etc)
- Understanding of Cvent SaaS solutiona distinct advantage
- Exposure to any of the following an advantage: Cloud deployment, Heroku, DocuSign, Janrain, or Contentful
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54639.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up