P2P Data/Reporting Analyst
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing, and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals. Today more than 700 are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast a vibrant workforce made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in Finance GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! The new Island Hall facility will extend our overall capacity where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings.
Our benefits package includes healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, Educational Assistance, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees - Culture Club, Diversity & Inclusion, Sports & Social, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
“We see Cork as an integral part of our productivity agenda. If you are excited by new opportunity and new scope, you are working at the right place.” – Dave Ricks, CEO Lilly
The role of a P2P Data/Reporting Analyst for is an integral role to drive P2P Transformation in 2021. The early months of this role will see the successful candidate being involved in major P2P Transformation projects.
The ideal candidate for this role would have fluency in a second language (German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Croatian, Serbian, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian and / or Turkish), but it is not mandatory.
The P2P Data/Reporting Analyst will manage processes from data collection through report generation to ensure the timely, complete, and accurate delivery of all required reporting.
The person who fills this role will be responsible for leading data collection and reporting processes, and work to resolve inquiries in a manner that maximizes customer experience.
- As a key user of Lilly’s P2P Data Sources, set up and manage parameters which generate all Global P2P Finance Reporting and Controls for internal users.
- Interact with various Teams, Towers and Business areas, to meet P2P’s reporting obligations.
- Work towards established timelines around month end, quarter end and year end.
- Ensure relevant analytics are conducted to provide confidence that the data are complete, accurate, and timely.
- Lead the identification and implementation of process improvements.
- Lead data quality governance processes.
Understand all relevant data, systems, policies / procedures, and reporting requirements
- Build a thorough understanding of P2P reporting requirements
- Develop knowledge of systems and business processes to support data analysis and inquiry needs (data collection, processing & reporting)
- Develop awareness of various global reporting requirements; understand possible implications to reporting environment and make recommendations for system and business changes
Manage efforts to process and analyze P2P data that supports report delivery
- Act as P2P subject matter reporting expert, lead development of new capabilities and support other team members and business partners
- Support the processing and analysis of P2P Data from applicable systems and processes
- Manage data inquiries from internal customers, and manage issue resolution
- Facilitate collection, management, and analysis of data, as necessary
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce data standards, as necessary
Collaborate and influence business & automations partners to accommodate new & changing reporting requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships / communication with global cross-functional business process and data owners (business & automation)
- Partner with business areas to understand data gaps and drive issues to closure; leverage partnerships to influence business process changes, where appropriate
- Anticipate and understand impact of changes to sources systems on reporting capabilities, changes to reporting requirements on system needs, etc.
- Provide ongoing consulting on data strategy (e.g., control design, operational processes, etc.), including potential impacts of expanding requirements
- Understand and follow all compliance policies, laws, regulations and The Red Book.
- Ensure adherence to all document retention requirements in line with Lilly Global Record Retention Schedule and any applicable local legal requirements, including filing, storing, archiving, and destroying documents at the end of the record retention period
- Ensure all SOx and Operational controls are completed and followed to level required and within agreed timeframe.
- Integrate compliance into daily activities.
- Comply with any corrective actions.
- Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits.
- Ability to handle complexity and utilize analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete key tasks and deliverables whilst also engaging others to achieve their deadlines towards compliance & change initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively & influence across all levels and disciplines of the organization
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 3 years experience in P2P
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Finance / Data Analytics.
- Effective team member with ability to work across a diverse and cross-functional work group.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Research, analytical and issues resolution skills
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Developed good relationships with various levels of personnel in Lilly’s Financial organization and third party service providers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Power Point etc…)
- Experience in MS Office
- SAP Experience
- Power BI
- Understanding of P2P Finance, data management, and project management principles
- Experience working with global business partners
- High degree of comfort working with Finance Data and in a technical environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking; ability to think broadly and strategically
- Proven initiative to prioritize deliverables, make decisions in a fast paced and complex environment, and deliver
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work effectively across organizations
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and improve business processes and solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to develop and apply creative solutions
- Knowledge of Financial reporting obligations, and understanding of evolving reporting landscape
- Ability to analyse data in order to draw conclusions
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-12172.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up