P2P Analyst- Disbursements
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Working hours; US hours alternating between 11am-7pm and 1pm-9pm
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals. Today more than 700 are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast a vibrant workforce made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in Finance GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! The new Island Hall facility will extend our overall capacity where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings.
Our benefits package includes healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, Educational Assistance, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees - Culture Club, Diversity & Inclusion, Sports & Social, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
“We see Cork as an integral part of our productivity agenda. If you are excited by new opportunity and new scope, you are working at the right place.” – Dave Ricks, CEO Lilly
The role of a P2P Analyst for Disbursements will be an integral role to drive P2P Transformation in 2021. The early months of this role will see the successful candidate being involved in major P2P Transformation projects.
The Steady State role involves having responsibility for P2P coordination of information from several aspects of the P2P Process. Dealing with multiple currency bank accounts, working closely with our Banks.
P2P activity includes and is not limited to Disbursements and Payments, Accounting and the management of rejected/returned payments, management of the payment run processes, and building relations with our Banks. All Analysts are responsible for professional interaction with business partners/affiliates. The Disbursements Analyst will be the subject matter expert related to the disbursements and financial policy processes with deep understanding of how the accounting is implemented and automated in SAP. and complete documentation for SAP processing and bank transfer.
- Work with fellow team members on various processes in P2P
- Be seen as a “go-to” information resource for other team members on all aspects of the Disbursements process
- Own the Cash In Transit process for P2P
- Constantly monitor key metrics and communicate to Management to ensure KPIs are being met.
- Support training of new team members
- Manage, govern and complete all daily tasks identified as part of the payments process.Maintain and update all relevant documentation
- Work in close partnership with IT and technical teams for technical improvements and issue resolutions
- Process manual payments and complete documentation for SAP processing and bank transfer
- Be point of contact in GBS for global P2P projects
- Work with Global Process Owner and Project Delivery Coordinator for P2P to support P2P global projects
- Liaise with management team to ensure projects are aligned with GBS P2P vision
- Review documentation associated with new global processes
- Accounting Quality Reviews (e.g. sample audits)
- Perform quality reviews, root cause analysis and resolve issues
- Deliver training as needed
- Build Strong Working Relationships with:
- Local Controllers and accountants for assigned affiliates
- Other GBS functions: GA, O2C, etc
- Regional Treasury Teams, IT and technical functions
- Regional banks maintaining strong governance and positive business results
Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence
- Cross Tower Interactions Owner
- Work with other Towers / Departments to ensure that the required information is flowing in a timely fashion and adding value to the affiliates
- Identify key risk areas of concern within the other towers and ensure that management are aware
- Highlight and implement areas of improvement in the process
- Supports organizational changes and continuous improvement activities.
- Demonstrate flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or meeting volume variances.
- Providing training to the business areas that support the processes. e.g. basic required training, or to improve efficiency of the processes
- Participates in internal and external educational opportunities relevant to the Information or customer service environment.
- Understand and follow all compliance policies, laws, regulations and Lilly’s Red Book.
- Ensure adherence to all document retention requirements in line with Lilly Global Record Retention Schedule and any applicable local legal requirements, including filing, storing, archiving, and destroying documents at the end of the record retention period
- Ensure all SOX and Operational controls are completed and followed to level required and within agreed timeframe.
- Integrate compliance into daily activities.
- Comply with any corrective actions.
- Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- +3 years SSC/GBS P2P experience (Treasury & payments)
- Business/ Accounting qualification
- General business/functional knowledge
- Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong research and issues resolution skills
- Excellent active listening skills with effective verbal skills to respond to customers with a rational and empathetic manner.
- Able to work under pressure, juggling short deadlines, multiple priorities and concern for maintaining standards.
- Good time management skills.
- Flexibility to change
- SAP Experience
- Bank Portal Experience
- Data Analytics and automation orientation
- Compliance and controls experience an advantage
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-16934.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up