Operations Manager Trial Capabilities
Cork, MunsterNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 500 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management, Medical Information and more to come on stream across 2018 and 2019.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility will extend our overall capacity where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees - Culture Club, Diversity & Inclusion, Sports & Social, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
“We see Cork as an integral part of our productivity agenda. If you are excited by new opportunity and new scope, you are working at the right place.” – Dave Ricks, CEO Lilly
The Clinical Trial Capabilities Team will be based at Lilly’s newly expanded office facility in Little Island and will focused on clinical research and, in particular, clinical study start-up activities across the EU and other regions, e.g. Middle East, Africa and Russia. The Clinical Trial Capabilities Centre will allow us to provide an unparalleled clinical trial experience for investigators and patients and ultimately achieve Lilly’s goal of speeding innovation and bringing our medicines to patients who need them
- Clinical Trial Capabilities Responsibilities
- Accountable for meeting and exceeding goals for clinical trial operations for development programs.
- Accountable for ensuring site initiation and maintenance activities with the focus on contracts and budgets that comply with local/regional requirements, data privacy requirements and Lilly quality standards.
- Manage communications/relationships and serve as the point of contact for the trial capabilities team delivering contracts and budgets during site initiation, maintenance, and close out representing progress to business partners.
- Accountable for daily prioritisation of work to meet business needs
- Provides expertise in conducting clinical research and keeping up to date with country/regional regulatory requirements.
- Develop and streamline processes ensuring efficiency and improved productivity as well as meeting customer requirements
- Ensure inspection readiness through a complete, accurate and readily available Trial Master File
- Organizational Leadership
- Identify and ensure shared learning across the clinical capabilities organization and with other functional groups within the CDDA
- Build capabilities in the function through the development and improvement of processes, tools and training.
- Enable a culture of continuous improvement to drive efficiency through process improvement, people skills, and shared learning
- People Management and Development
- Recruit, develop, and retain a scientific and operationally capable workforce skilled and knowledgeable in clinical development
- Effectively manage an agile organization that continuously meets the needs of a changing portfolio
- Develop an organizational culture that fosters inclusion and innovation and demonstrates judgment based decision making in clinical delivery
- Bachelor’s degree with experience preferably in Clinical trial site contracts and budgeting
- Minimum 2-3 years managing teams
- Understanding of the overall clinical development paradigm and the importance of efficient site initiation
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others and lead across the business
- Project management processes and skills
- Appreciation of / experience in compliance-driven environment
- Ability to learn and comply with financial and legal guidelines and policies (budget and contract)
- Effective communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Self-management and organizational skills
Additional Skills/PreferencesThe GBS focuses on the following foundational pillars across the full organisation to ensure a solid and consistent approach to running our business
- Demonstrate a strong compliance oriented mindset & help to build a strong compliance culture
- Familiarize with & influence all applicable process documentation & training materials to ensure you operate in a fully compliant manner
- Actively participate in the GBS senior management team to make the GBS a great place to work for all employees and influence the strategic direction of the center
- Engage interpersonal, communication & relationship building skills to interact with all levels of an organization
- Demonstrate excellence in all interactions with our GBS internal customers & business partners
- Focus on measuring & improving our internal customer’s experience with the GBS
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement within the CDO organization and the broader GBS
- Influence the Global process owners to champion continued process improvement
Additional Information2-3 years people management experience required.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 53731.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up