O2C AR Analyst (Italian)
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 1000 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management, Medical Information and more to come on stream across 2018 and 2019.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility will extend our overall capacity to in excess of 1000 employees where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees - Culture Club, Diversity & Inclusion, Sports & Social, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
Key responsibilities for O2C AR Analyst
The primary role of the O2C AR Analyst is to assume direct responsibility for the Credit Management of their Affiliate customers. The main objective is to reduce the risk of financial loss to the Company.
- Be seen as a “go-to” information resource for O2C AR credit management queries
- Effectively analyse all customer financial statements, payment trends & financial ratios to recommend credit limits to the affiliate process owner
- Analyse account discrepancies to ensure the customer account is enabled for payment
- Manage the monthly Aged Debt review for your affiliate including the underlying analysis & the overall presentation & follow ups
- Prepare & present Quarterly Credit Committee data for Global Treasury and Affiliates CFO’s.
- Execute Sales Order credit release in a compliant & timely manner on a daily basis
- Review key metrics & communicate to stakeholders to ensure KPIs are being met & improved
- Support global/regional O2C projects with influence on excellent credit management
- Support the overall O2C AR team by demonstrating flexibility in providing cover for team members and training of new team members
Personal Attributes (Additional skills/preferences section in 2XB)
- Ability to handle complexity and utilize analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to proactively & effectively analyse & resolve problems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete key tasks and deliverables
- Ability to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs, managing their expectations effectively
- Ability to work in global team environment and communicate effectively with both internal business partners of all levels & disciplines as well as external Business Process Outsourced team members
- Experience with SAP O2C Module
- Experience in Business Warehouse or Business Objects,
- MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 2-3 years’ experience in O2C or Finance function, preferably with knowledge of credit management & customer service and experience in identifying and delivering process change
- Degree in Business and/or Accounting (or equivalent work experience)
- Fluency in English & Italian language
The GBS focuses on the following foundational pillars across the full organisation to ensure a solid and consistent approach to running our business
- Demonstrate a strong compliance oriented mindset & help to build a strong compliance culture
- Familiarise with all applicable process documentation & training materials to ensure you operate in a fully compliant manner
- Ensure ownership for all applicable Sox & Operational controls for your area
- Actively work with the core team members, internal customers/business partners, and LSP team members to build effective working relationships
- Coaching and mentoring the O2C AR Associates
- Demonstrate excellence in all interactions with our GBS internal customers & business partners
- Focus on measuring & improving our internal customer’s experience with the GBS
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of Lilly’s product lines within the market
- Demonstrate a strong Continuous Improvement oriented approach & help to build a strong Continuous Improvement culture
- Actively work with the core team members & Global O2C team to drive improvements for processes
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-12814.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up