Medical Information Product Specialist (Fluent French & English))
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 950 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 38 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Care, Global HR Data Management, Clinical Trial Management and Scientific Communications, and more to come on stream across 2020.
This, along with the recent physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility extends our overall capacity where Lilly offers a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with flexible working options, healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, travel subsidies, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees – Team Lilly Culture, Diversity & Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility and Health Safety & Environment.
The role of the Product Specialist as part of the European Medical Information organization is to act as the European Medical Information Subject Matter Expert (SME) with very comprehensive, detailed and specific subject matter knowledge. Medical information provides answers to unsolicited medical requests from customers. Answers are created based on professional and scientific expertise, and serve as an essential link between Lilly and customers (Health Care Providers [HCPs]or patients, respectively).
The Medical Information organization combines scientific knowledge and communication expertise in order to organize and deliver relevant medical communications that are meaningful and relevant to customers, enhances patient care and advances the quality and transparency of Lilly research.
Advanced written and verbal English skills is a must & Fluency in French
Regional Subject Matter Expert for Medical Information
- Provide answers for specific, detailed requests related to his/her therapeutic area (TA) in English and/or local language.
- Is accountable for planning, researching and writing scientifically complex, high quality, balanced, scientifically based, consistent and accurate medical information responses for use by internal business partners to answer unsolicited external customer questions and from internal business partners.
- Maintain broad knowledge of medical information resources; able to easily access and expertly integrate data and information from various sources and technologies to address customer needs across regions, functions, and phases of drug development.
- Manage issues and crisis management to his/her TA.
- Is accountable for identifying new ways of doing business and/or replicate best practices with regional/global application to promote consistency and proactively communicates to facilitate widespread adoption.
- Cooperate with key personnel to analyze metrics for applicable TA.
- Maintain and develop product and disease training for Medical Information
Support for European Medical Information
- Enable requests to be answered in a timely manner with the lowest cost and effort, through training and quality monitoring of responses to support First Touch Point Resolution. •Continuously monitor requests and awareness of products, competitors and TA changes/issues in order to identify new topics coming up from the markets, since this may require new/updated standard answers, databases and trainings.
- Responsible for coordinating the development and review of medical information responses with team members, manage expectations and timelines effectively.
- Create enduring materials to maximize medical information dissemination that has broad customer impact.
- Provide formal or informal coaching to others in the function, across geographies, or other departments by sharing scientific therapeutic expertise and medical information, give guidance, and answer questions across regions, functions and phases of drug development.
- Ensure appropriate resourcing for peer reviews and quality checks.
- Responsible for product training and processes to support Medical Information in answering customer questions.
- Serve as resource to answer questions from Medical Information related to strategy for launch.
- Responsible to provide support for the frontline in answering customer questions according to the business continuity plan.
- Responsible for supporting the implementation of the new organizational structure in Europe.
- Support the operations on Alliance’s partnership when Medical Information is involved. •Build/manage relationships with colleagues in the centralized European Medical Information organization.
- Partner with Global Medical Information organization.
- Foster interaction and teamwork with global counterparts and across Medical to ensure successful regional launches and ensure regional needs are incorporated into global work plans.
- Actively participate in the Business Unit TA organization for the region.
- Maintain involvement in external professional/scientific organizations to bring back functional expertise to drive the awareness of Medical Information business and initiatives outside of Lilly.
Specialist Know How
- Acquire, develop and maintain extensive know-how related to his/her specialist-matter subject.
- Acquire, develop and maintain extensive know-how related to the therapeutic area of his/her specialist-product(s).
- Keep up-to-date with competitor product knowledge and competitive market position, global developments and changes related to his/her subject matter.
- Expert knowledge of how to analyze and integrate data and information from a broad range of resources and technologies to address complex customer questions in a timely manner.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Pharmacist, physician or university degree in natural science, advanced degree preferred.
- Advanced written and verbal English skills is a must & Fluency in French,
- Experience in medical information, or relevant business experience.
- Strong medical writing skills required; able to translate complex medical information and data into a succinct, technically correct, readable document that customers are able to read and use to make clinical decisions.
- Experience in applying the principles of Evidence Based Medicine in searching, analyzing and writing medical information.
- Experience with entering data into databases, performing medical literature searches and evaluation of the medical literature
- Resource Management skills
- Flexibility in order to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate problem solving and strategic thinking
- Use creative and innovative thinking, techniques and tools to business advantage
- Experience in using validated quality systems or databases
- Ability to work across functional and geographical boundaries
- Ability to influence others without direct supervision
A writing exercise is required as a part of the candidate evaluation process.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-14782.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up