Medical Information Analyst (Finnish)
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 950 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 38 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Care, Global HR Data Management, Clinical Trial Management and Scientific Communications, and more to come on stream across 2020.
This, along with the recent physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility extends our overall capacity where Lilly offers a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with flexible working options, healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, travel subsidies, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees – Team Lilly Culture, Diversity & Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility and Health Safety & Environment.
The role of the Medical Information Agent is to support Medical Information Services in Europe. This role is entry level; the Medical Information Agent is responsible for professionally responding to medical/pharmaceutical inquiries from Health Care Providers (HCP), patients and other customers. The Agent is also responsible for documenting all customer interactions in the appropriate computer system.
The Medical Information organization combines scientific knowledge and communication expertise in order to organize and deliver relevant medical communications that are meaningful and relevant to customers, enhance patient care and advance the quality and transparency of Lilly research.
Medical Information provides answers to unsolicited medical requests from customers. Answers are created based on professional and scientific expertise, and serve as an essential link between Lilly and customers (HCPs or patients, respectively). Careful listening to customer needs and adequate responding to customer inquiries is associated with a positive customer experience.
- Handle calls requesting product information from HCPs and the general public.
- Answer calls in a courteous, professional manner with predefined answers/resources.
- Handle queries from customers by providing balanced, accurate and non-promotional information.
- Identify queries containing either adverse events or product quality complaints and handle these in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Accurately record all medical communication transactions into the medical information database. Documentation is to be concise, thorough, and accurate in accordance with Good Documentation Practices.
- Facilitate fulfilment of customers’ requests.
- Escalate all enquiries without predefined answers according to defined processes.
- Other duties and special projects that are assigned by management (experience related).
- Utilize computer technology to handle high call volumes.
- Ensure optimal customer satisfaction.
Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence
- Share effective methods and practices with colleagues in order to satisfy customer needs and provide input/feedback to continuously improve daily processes.
- Maintain and enhance Lilly product and organizational knowledge.
- Support organizational changes. Demonstrate flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for the front line via scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or call volume variances.
- Integrate compliance into daily activities
- Comply with any corrective actions
- Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Native Finnish Speaker and fluency in English is essential for this role.
- Excellent active listening skills with effective verbal skills to respond to customers with a rational and empathetic manner
- Good written skills to succinctly, accurately and objectively respond to customers queries
- Able to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs, managing their expectations effectively
- Proactive, analytical and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Able to work under pressure, juggling short deadlines, multiple priorities and concern for maintaining standards
- Good time management skills
- Effective prioritization showing ability to be flexible whilst meeting customer needs and managing their expectations
- Experience of software packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Bachelor´s degree, diploma, medical or pharmaceutical technical assistant or equivalent in health care, natural sciences, pharmacy, nutritional specialists or relevant equivalent business experience. Business experience such as medical sales representative will also be considered
- Knowledge of service center or medical information operational experience
- Educational/work background in a health care, medical affairs, clinical development, scientific or medical communications field
- Project management experience
- Travel Percentage: 0-10%
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-8091.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up