IT Site Services Lead
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 700 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management, Medical Information, Clinical Trial Capabilities and more to come on stream across 2020.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly.
Th The Site Services Leader (SSL) position will focus on delivery of Infrastructure services to the local business across all Global Infrastructure Centre of Excellence (GI COE) service areas. As an onsite contact, this role has operational responsibility for managing successful delivery of IT services, and as point of contact to support the transition to External Service Providers (ESP). This role is also responsible for delivering GIS projects and local essential tasks not managed by the global ESPs.
- Coordinate and monitor day-to-day activities to meet agreed Service Offering Definition metrics of the assigned grouping of service offerings. Compliance with SLA/SLO/SSO at site where accountable
- Responsible for execution of service and project delivery in alignment with global, regional & local plans, provide coordination and guidance to the local team. Ensure service delivery within budget and on time.
- Provide oversight on day to day service support and operation activities, including:
- Effectively manage communication and coordinate with global, regional and local IT teams to ensure alignment and flawless execution.
- Responding to changes, coordinate escalation and facilitate delivery of new IT Support requirements by the local business through timely intervention to meet committed timelines. Monitor and evaluate IT service tiers, customer demand, problems and usage and take appropriate action.
- Manage failures in services on the operational level, focused on ensuring that the user has access to the appropriate services to support the business functions
- Resource management and oversight of onsite ESP / contract resources in getting GI COE services delivered onsite in alignment with business needs and global priorities
- Operational liaison with:
b.Internal and external staff delivering Ops and Support at the site
c.Centralised Service Desk staff
- Participate in annual business planning to ensure sufficient budget in alignment with business demands
- Provide coordination when multiple teams involved in problem resolution or DRP oversight.
- Communicate SLAs to Infrastructure Account Manager / business area IT account manager, ensuring awareness, manage expectations
- Ensure compliance to local, regional and global guidelines. Work with support staff to ensure standard service/support processes are adhered to. Facilitate sessions in process validation when process changes are required to improve service.
- Build effective working relationships with business partners, local/regional/global IT groups, ESPs and vendors. Work with business leaders at the affiliate to identify IT needs and opportunities to support business objectives and deliver service improvements. Seek continuous feedback for improvement.
- Assist Service Delivery managers with the implementation of the new model in their clusters. Act as a Change Agent to secure successful adoption and implementation.
- Provide IT presence and relevance on the ground at affiliate site as deemed necessary
- Degree qualification in IT/IS or other relevant subject.
- 5 yrs experience in a similar role
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Broad knowledge of IT Service Support (ITIL)
- Strong understanding and application of corporate policies and procedures
- Knowledge of site specific environment
- Financial management of ESP’s
- Exemplary communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of call management systems ININ / I3 / Caas
- Strong network understanding
- Good knowledge of Telepohony solutions
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priority projects
- Negotiation and vendor management skills
- Good understanding of GIS Support processes
- Knowledge of Platforms, telecoms, workplace and mobility technologies and support.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 56335.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up