IT Business Integrator, Trial Capabilities
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 750+ of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 44 nationalities, speaking over 35 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management, Medical Information and more to come on stream across 2018 and 2019.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility will extend our overall capacity to in excess of 1000 employees where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidized canteen, wellbeing facilities, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees Diversity & Inclusion, TLC (Team Lilly Culture), Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
ResponsibilitiesWithin GBS, the Medicines Development Information and Digital Solutions (MD IDS) serves as a strategic function within Lilly Research Laboratories (LRL) partnering with the Medicines Development Unit (MDU). The MDU focuses on taking potential marketable products from Research through product registration and approval.
The role of the MD IDS Business Relationship Manager is the account owner and the key business integrator for the designated business area. The role will be responsible for developing critical business relationships, understanding the business requirements, and be able to work with subject matter experts across multiple business processes and IT systems. This will require coordination with various system owners, system custodians, and other relevant staff that support the source systems. The business integrator will work with technical resources to design, develop, and validate deliverables. The business integrator will also work with the business team representation to develop and revise business process to facilitate the collection of data going forward.
Key Objectives / Deliverables:
- Partner and develop strong relationships with IT and business colleagues from US & OUS Affiliates, Global Services, Medicines Development IDS, and designated business areas to set direction for business process and data aggregation
- Build effective relationships with business areas using advanced business and systems analysis skills to determine key business needs, utilize external knowledge to proactively evaluate changes in the environment, and influence technology solutions specifically related to Medicines Development Unit business processes
- Leads and influences the development and documentation of an overall IT services strategy and architecture for the business area
- Evaluate proposed project ideas, and software changes via impact analysis and estimated business value to influence decision making
- Influence SaaS partners in capability enhancement ideas that will drive competitive advantage to Lilly and for our customers
- Ensure proper business and technical requirements have been appropriately defined for each project and are consistent with local and global requirements and best practices
- Document business requirements and effectively communicate them to vendors, developers and testers
- Obtain and leverage knowledge of business processes and technology to ensure solutions meet needs and to influence future application and business direction
- Use increased business knowledge to appropriately challenge status quo and drive business and IT collaboration
- Anticipate, understand, and communicate the implications of technical decisions on the business, applications, and project timelines and influence decisions accordingly
- Gain and leverage understanding and knowledge of how MD IDS strategies, platforms, and technologies enable business process execution
- Drive team to understand and evaluate the existing and potential items in the portfolio of work to align with business priorities and influence the execution of MD IDS projects in collaboration with vendors, business partners, team and management
- Use standardized processes for requirements definition, analysis, design, construct, and test activities.
- Analyse and solve complex technical problems, including advanced data analysis and multiple technologies.
- Leverage deep system testing knowledge to ensure system testing methods are appropriate, coordinated and comprehensive to decrease probability of unexpected system issues or inability to optimize the systems’ use to maximize business benefit.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline
- 6 years or more experience with Information Technology
- Experience with systems/data integration projects
- Strong experience in leveraging Excel\\Tableau to analyse data
- Proven familiarity with data model and data flow concepts
- Demonstrated high learning agility of cross functional processes
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to consistently and significantly influence peers and business partners at a variety of levels
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and resolve issues
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyse data in order to draw conclusions
- Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Familiarity with compliance programs
- Report development experience
- Background and understanding of master data related IT systems and associated processes
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55812.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up