IT Analyst, Business Integrator (Global Transparency)
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 750+ of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 44 nationalities, speaking over 35 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management, Medical Information and more to come on stream across 2018 and 2019.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility will extend our overall capacity to in excess of 1000 employees where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidized canteen, wellbeing facilities, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1 to 1's, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees Diversity & Inclusion, TLC (Team Lilly Culture), Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
ResponsibilitiesWithin GBS, the Global Transparency (GT) Team is responsible for collecting and reporting global payments and other non cash transfers of value (e.g., business meals, airline tickets, etc.) provided to Health Care Providers (HCPs) and Health Care Organizations (HCOs) by Lilly and external third parties as required to meet various legal (including US Open Payments, US state and International) and global industry trade group requirements (including Europe and Canada)
This position will support the IT and Business components of the program to achieve the development and implementation of the required deliverables.
The business integrator position will be responsible for understanding the business requirements of the CIA commitment, State Reporting Requirements, various global transparency requirements and Sunshine/Open Payments Legislation, and be able to work with subject matter experts across multiple business processes and IT systems to ensure physician spend data is identified, validated, captured and reported. This will require coordination with various system owners, system custodians, and other relevant staff that support the source systems. The business integrator will work with technical resources to design, develop, and validate deliverables. The business integrator will also work with the business team representation to develop and revise business process to facilitate the collection of data going forward.
Key Objectives / Deliverables:
- Partner and develop strong relationships with IT and business colleagues from US & OUS Affiliates, Global Services, Medicines Development & clinic trials capabilities, and SAP organizations to set direction for business process and data aggregation
- Work closely with data stewardship and IT organizations to develop systems and processes to address transparency needs
- Collaborate with GT IT System Architect, Technical Integrators and offshore teams
- Serve as advisor to IT management
- Research and evaluate business and technical options to best fit the business requirements
- Set direction for future support of new systems
- Proactively identify issues and implement mitigation strategies
- Contribute to the development and execution of project plans
- Work with 3rd party organizations to integrate their relevant business processes and data into the Lilly GTIT systems
- Work closely with other team members to design and develop strategies for data acquisition, integrity, cleansing, validation and maintenance activities
- Work closely with IT and Business team toward development of a steady state and highly supportable IT environment
- Create ISQ deliverables (quality documentation, Access Roster Reviews (ARR), Periodic reviews etc) for transparency applications
- Provide review of technical solutions to ensure alignment with business requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise on business processes and translation to technical solutions
- Analyze and assist with management of data kick-out processes for source systems
- Translate business requirements into technical system requirements
- Stay abreast of system and process changes that may affect physician spend data
- Support user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Develop and provide end user training as needed
- Demonstrated high learning agility of cross functional processes
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to consistently and significantly influence peers and business partners at a variety of levels
- Strong experience in leveraging Excel\\Tableau to analyze data
- Proven familiarity with data model and data flow concepts
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and resolve issues
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze data in order to draw conclusions
- Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Experience with systems/data integration projects
- Systems testing experience
- 6 years or more experience with Information Technology
Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence
- Actively work in partnership with various cross-functional stakeholders (internally & externally) to maintain effective relationships and ensuring efficient and compliant processes.
- Ensure the culture of compliance is reinforced continuously within the team.
- Continuously look for and or lead where possible continuous improvement initiatives including standardization and/or re-engineering of processes and controls.
- Drive for results and ensure best practices are in place to achieve highest standards within daily operations.
- Drive cross-functional projects where opportunity arises.
- Demonstrate excellent project management abilities and strong understanding of financial systems.
- Support organizational changes.
- Analyse and translate data into key strategic inputs and insights to drive decision making.
- Proven ability to work on high level value-add ad hoc projects while continuing to achieve routine goals
- Ability to handle complexity and utilize analytical skills, with attention to detail & a risk based solution oriented approach
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete key tasks and deliverables whilst also engaging others to achieve their deadlines towards compliance & change initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively & influence across all levels and disciplines of the organisation
- Able to operationalise key legislative requirements in a manner that the organisation can rationalise and adhere to through effective drafting and monitoring of policies
- Ability to maintain a very high level of confidentiality
- Experience in MS Office
- Tableau and\\or PowerBI
- SAP Experience
Basic QualificationsBachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in BIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics/Mathematics, Finance/Business or a related field.
- Familiarity with compliance programs
- Familiarity with SQL or other query tools
- Familiarity with CIA or Sunshine/Open Payments, EFPIA or State Reporting requirements
- Report development experience
- Microsoft SSRS, SSIS Experience or equivalent technologies
- SAP Experience
- Background and understanding of master data related IT systems and associated processes
- ETL tool experience (Informatica, SSIS etc.)
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54527.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up