Global Scientific Communications Associate Publications
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 850 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions Centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast a vibrant workforce made up of over 38 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Care, Global HR Data Management, Clinical Trial Management and Scientific Communications, and more to come on stream across 2020.
This, along with the recent physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility extends our overall capacity where Lilly offers a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with flexible working options, healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, travel subsidies, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees – Team Lilly Culture, Diversity & Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility and Health Safety & Environment.
“We see Cork as an integral part of our productivity agenda. If you are excited by new opportunity and new scope, you are working at the right place.” – Dave Ricks, CEO Lilly.
Additional Information :
The purpose of the Scientific Communications Associate, Publications role is to work with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to prepare scientific publications (clinical and/or health-outcomes) including and not limited to, abstracts, posters, manuscripts and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, health, communications, health outcomes, health economics, public health related field
- Experience writing scientific publications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful completion of writing exercise(a writing exercise is required as part of the candidate evaluation process)
Travel Percentage :
1.Content Strategy: Document Preparation, Development and Finalization/Document Management
- Effectively collect and evaluate data, information, and input from multiple sources, functions, and regions to create a cohesive content strategy for writing projects.
- Plan (including organizing/preparing outlines), write (including first-draft authoring), edit, review coordinate and complete the publication of scientific data in peer-reviewed journals and forums.
- Conduct effective document initiation via a kick-off meeting to ensure authoring team alignment and understanding.
- Build scientific-based rational that support the purpose of more complex and/or strategic documents.
- Ensure data are presented in a clear, complete, accurate, and concise manner.
- Ensure that key data, statements and conclusions are consistent across related documents, and that statements and conclusions are integrated, accurate, balanced and supported by appropriate data.
- Coordinate expert/scientific reviews, collate reviewer’s comments, adjust content of document as required based on internal/external input, and prepare final version.
- Ensure and coordinate quality checks for accuracy,
- Exhibit flexibility in moving across development and preparation of multiple document types.
- Influence or negotiate change of timelines and content with other team members.
- Advocate internally and externally for appropriate authorship criteria on all applicable work products.
- Work with internal and external speakers to develop and prepare presentations.
- As needed, build and manage relationships with vendors/alliance partners.
2.Project and Stakeholder management
- Lead the writing process and apply effective project management skills to ensure timely completion of high-quality scientific publication deliverables.
- Build/Communicate credible writing project timelines.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks to delivery
- Work with teams and stakeholders to ensure smooth and timely development of documents and escalate issues, as appropriate, to ensure document completion.
- Effectively communicate project status to stakeholders
3.Knowledge and Skills Development
- Maintain and enhance therapeutic area knowledge including disease state and compound(s) for assigned project(s).
- Maintain and enhance scientific communication skills to align with audience needs and technology/digital evolution.
- Exhibit flexibility in moving across document types, therapeutic areas, and compounds, depending on project assignment.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of publication guidelines.
- Possess overarching view of compound, therapeutic area, and external environment (including competitors) with ability to participate effectively in publication planning, integrated planning process, and/or current awareness literature updates and reviews.
4. Knowledge Sharing
- Provide coaching to others by sharing technical information, giving guidance, answering questions.
- Recognized for technical expertise in specific document development.
- Network with others (including other functions and regions) to identify and share best practices.
- Contribute to process improvements, suggesting opportunities where appropriate.
- Provide database and other tool (e.g., document management systems) expertise.
Additional Skills/Preferences :
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, PharmD, MA, MBBS) in science, health related field or other appropriate disciplines (economics, epidemiology, health administration, health services, pharmacoeconomics, statistics other relevant sciences)
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written English skills in the medical, scientific, health outcomes, or technical writing fields.
- Previous training and experience in disseminating results in clinical, health economics, health outcomes, health literacy, disease management, and/or population health.
- Relevant experience in clinical development, clinical trial process, health-outcomes research, or regulatory activities.
- Clinical pharmacology, therapeutic area, health outcomes, or other medical and scientific specific knowledge and experience specific to hiring area (e.g., neuroscience, oncology, cardiovascular, immunology or endocrine expertise).
- Demonstrated project management and time management skills.
- Demonstrated high-level end-user computer skills (e.g., word processing, tables and graphics, spreadsheets, presentation and templates).
- Extensive experience in writing, reviewing, and publishing scientific materials and the ability to appraise scientific literature and raw data critically.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with all audiences and forums through exemplary oral and written communication skills.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-402.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up