General Accounting, Senior Analyst (Spanish speaker)
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 850 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions Centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast a vibrant workforce made up of over 38 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Care, Global HR Data Management, Clinical Trial Management and Scientific Communications, and more to come on stream across 2020.
This, along with the recent physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility extends our overall capacity where Lilly offers a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with flexible working options, healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, travel subsidies, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees – Team Lilly Culture, Diversity & Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility and Health Safety & Environment.
“We see Cork as an integral part of our productivity agenda. If you are excited by new opportunity and new scope, you are working at the right place.” – Dave Ricks, CEO Lilly.
- Supporting the Hub Financial Controller for delivering accurate, robust and timely Financial Statements for the Spanish Hub, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- Responsible for the Governance of the journal voucher review, account reconciliation review, and intercompany processes.
- Responsible for the monthly US GAAP trial balance review process.
- Maintain strong processes to support a robust review and deep understanding of monthly Trial Balances for both the Hub
- Be a natural “go-to” person for the GA team to learn from & accordingly provide support to the GA Manager by assuming front line technical GA queries from the team & Affiliates.
- Expense Compliance Review – lead the monthly audit and follow up process.
- Responsible for SOx compliance & coordination with CAS team.
- Responsible for monthly review for activities to ensure a robust review of monthly Trial Balance in this area in conjunction with the financial controller
- Support the monthly PO accrual review process ensuring accurate cost estimates are maintained by coaching and engaging with team members involved in the process.
- Influence and lead effectively to ensure a strong control environment and compliance, taking account of agreed materiality.
- Build a strong working relationship with Hub CFO, Controller & Affiliate staff members to support in achievement of the above responsibilities.
- Partner with local affiliate on local statutory requirements and reporting and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements.Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex US GAAP accounting treatments and corporate policy/procedures interpretation, leveraging expertise from Corporate Centre (US) as appropriate.
- Liaise with auditors for both group and statutory audits.
- Support the overall GA team by demonstrating flexibility in providing cover for team members and training of new team members
Travel is circa 10%
- Qualified Accountant, with a minimum of 3 – 5 years post qualified. US GAAP accounting standards knowledge an advantage
- Native Spanish speaker
- Controllership / Finance management experience gained in a Multinational Company
- Strong Systems Experience (e.g. SAP & Excel) is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills; ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands.
- Ability to build effective networks across functions, organizations, job levels and geographies.
- Ability to achieve results through people, directly and indirectly
- High self-awareness, resilient and ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment, strong communicating skills essential.
- Build Relationships with key stakeholders across the Company to develop business knowledge and commercial awareness and to build a network to remain informed about business and process changes across the Hub: Hub/Affiliate Finance Director and Teams.
- Global Business Solution Center (GBS) Leadership and Teams.Affiliate Business Leadership and Teams, particularly Animal Health Business, Ethics & Compliance and HRCorporate Financial Reporting (CFR) and European Controller.Other Corporate Functions: LRL, Global Business Units with operations in Spain, Tax, Treasury, Manufacturing.
- Influence and Drive Process Improvement and Efficiency across the Hub/Affiliate and GBS.
- Act as the Affiliate/Hub Advocate for governing GBS performance including Service Level Agreements (SLAs), metrics and measures.
- Focus GBS on operational excellence and continuous improvements.
- Partner with the Global Process Owners to drive business process re-engineering and process standardisation.Active contributor to the broader Lilly Controller community.
- People Management and Leadership in line with Lilly Values: Fluent Spanish speakerProvide technical training, coaching, mentoring for Hub/Affiliate staff, GBS.Actively connect with and understand people, in person and remotely.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54925BR.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up