General Accounting, Senior Analyst (Spanish speaker)
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals. Today more than 700 are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast a vibrant workforce made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in Finance GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! The new Island Hall facility will extend our overall capacity where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings.
Our benefits package includes healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, Educational Assistance, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees - Culture Club, Diversity & Inclusion, Sports & Social, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
“We see Cork as an integral part of our productivity agenda. If you are excited by new opportunity and new scope, you are working at the right place.” – Dave Ricks, CEO Lilly
We are excited now to add another capability to the existing GBS team. The Clinical Trial Capabilities Team will focus on clinical research and, in particular, clinical study start-up activities across the EU and other regions, e.g. Middle East, Africa and Russia. The Clinical Trial Capabilities Centre will allow us to provide an unparalleled clinical trial experience for investigators and patients and ultimately achieve Lilly’s goal of speeding innovation and bringing our medicines to patients who need them.
If you want to contribute to this goal for our patients please apply to one of our new roles today. All current open positions are permanent.
ResponsibilitiesSupporting the Hub Financial Controller for delivering accurate, robust and timely Financial Statements for the Spanish Hub, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- Responsible for the Governance of the journal voucher review, account reconciliation review, and intercompany processes.
- Responsible for the monthly US GAAP trial balance review process. Maintain strong processes to support a robust review and deep understanding of monthly Trial Balances for both the Hub
- Be a natural “go-to” person for the GA team to learn from & accordingly provide support to the GA Manager by assuming front line technical GA queries from the team & Affiliates
- Expense Compliance Review – lead the monthly audit and follow up process.
- Responsible for SOx compliance & coordination with CAS team.
- Responsible for monthly review for activities to ensure a robust review of monthly Trial Balance in this area in conjunction with the financial controller
- Support the monthly PO accrual review process ensuring accurate cost estimates are maintained by coaching and engaging with team members involved in the process.
- Influence and lead effectively to ensure a strong control environment and compliance, taking account of agreed materiality.
- Build a strong working relationship with Hub CFO, Controller & Affiliate staff members to support in achievement of the above responsibilities.
- Partner with local affiliate on local statutory requirements and reporting and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements.
- Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex US GAAP accounting treatments and corporate policy/procedures interpretation, leveraging expertise from Corporate Centre (US) as appropriate.
- Liaise with auditors for both group and statutory audits.
- Support the overall GA team by demonstrating flexibility in providing cover for team members and training of new team members
- Travel is circa 10%
|Additional Skills/Preferences||Build Relationships with key stakeholders across the Company to develop business knowledge and commercial awareness and to build a network to remain informed about business and process changes across the Hub:|
Influence and Drive Process Improvement and Efficiency across the Hub/Affiliate and GBS.
People Management and Leadership in line with Lilly Values:
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54925.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up