Digital Solutions Agent, German
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Digital Solutions Agent
The role of the Digital Solutions Agent is to provide accurate, professional and timely answers to patients, Health Care Providers (HCPs) and other customers. The Agent is responsible for:
- Answering requests from predominantly patients but also HCPs on technical issues relating to Lilly medicines or device use compliantly
- Following business proceedures including adverse events and product quality complaints reporting to ensure regulatory compliance
- Documenting all customer interactions in the appropriate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Following the local affiliate process of product complaints reporting, follow up & closure that is aligned with Regulatory and Corporate requirements.
- Documenting all connected care related complaints steps in Trackwise system.
- Ensuring immediate notification of Affiliate Responsible Complaint Person/ Affiliate Responsible Quality Person where applicable as per local process.
Digital Solutions Agent combines scientific knowledge and communication expertise to organize and deliver relevant medical communications that are meaningful and relevant to customers, enhance patient care and advance the quality and transparency of Lilly research.
Digital Solutions Agent provides answers to unsolicited medical requests from customers. Answers are created based on professional and scientific expertise, and serve as an essential link between Lilly and customers (HCPs or patients, respectively). Careful listening to customer needs and adequate responding to customer inquiries is associated with a positive customer experience.
Primary Responsibilities: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the job requirements at the time it was prepared. The job requirements of any position may change over time and may include additional responsibilities not specifically described in the job description. Consult with your supervision regarding your actual job responsibilities and any related duties that may be required for the position.
Medical Information Request Management
- Handle requests about Lilly medicines or devices from the general public, HCPs or Lilly sales/medical representatives on frequently asked questions or technical issues.
- Answer all contacts in a courteous, professional manner using predefined balanced, accurate and non-promotional answers/resources and knowledge systems.
- Follow defined procedures for adverse events or product quality complaints identification and reporting to defined quality standards.
- Accurately record all customer transactions into MI CRM or Quality Management databases to agreed quality standards: documentation must be concise, thorough, and accurate in accordance with Good Documentation Practices.
- Facilitate fulfilment of customers’ requests including materials under distributing Copyright protected materials in a compliant manner.
- Escalate all Medical Information requests without predefined answers according to defined business processes and service standards.
- Ensure optimal customer experience (CX) for all customer contacts using advanced customer interaction skills in conjunction with excellent technological solutions skills.
Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence
- Identify service problems, emerging issues that impact on CX or compliance and report to appropriate MI colleagues
- Identify opportunities to improve CX or improve productivity through new/modified ways of working, digital innovation or technological improvements
- Share effective methods and practices with colleagues that improve CX or compliance
- Maintain and enhance necessary Lilly product, business process and organizational knowledge to improve CX and compliance.
- Demonstrate flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for the front line via scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or call/contact volume variances.
- Support the implementation of new MI systems or business processes through user experience testing, giving appropriate feedback and suggesting improvements or alternative solutions.
- Identify and document product complaints in Global Customer Connect (GCC) and Trackwise system
- Follow the local complaint procedure to document and follow up on product complaints: receipt and documentation of complaints, handling samples retrieval as needed, following up with the complainant, shipping samples to the investigating sites, closing complaint investigations and replying to complainants where appropriate.
- Escalate critical product complaints to the Local Quality Representative & the Local Responsible Complaint Person at Marketing Affiliates as per local process
Analytics and Insights
- Ensure sufficient information is collected, stored and shared compliantly on customer feedback, customer or brand insights, patient stories or service successes for insights reports.
- Ensure sufficient information is collected, stored and shared compliantly on service complaints, customer service feedback or service successes, contributing to quality management reports.
- Support content development and customer content accessibility by suggesting suitable tags and meta-tags, including Search Engine Optimization.
- Work with Marketing Affiliates on complaints metrics, tends and summary reports.
- Integrate compliance into daily activities and working practices.
- Comply with any corrective actions necessary.
- Cooperate with service quality investigations, monitoring, audits or inspections.
- Ensure complaints are treated and closed within timelines outlined in GQS-130 and local complaint procedures.
- Review complaints closed after the 45 day target with local management
- Develop and maintain excellent business relationships with fellow MI team members or other colleagues in MI, Drug Safety, Product Quality Control, Patient Support or related teams to deliver excellent CX and regulatory complaince
- Ensure that knowledge is kept up-to-date via attendance and participation in Global Responsible Complaint Person (RCP) meetings.
- Maintain a good business relationship with the Regional Centre to manage complaints
- Maintain relationships and communication with Local/Global Patient Safety.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor´s degree, diploma, medical or pharmaceutical technical assistant or equivalent in health care, natural sciences, pharmacy, nutritional specialists or relevant equivalent business experience. Business experience such as medical sales representative will also be considered.
- Educational/work background in a health care, medical affairs, clinical development, scientific or medical communications field.
- Experience of service/contact center or medical information operations an advantage.
- Native German with fluency in English is a must have and requirement for this role in order to be considered
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Excellent active listening skills with effective verbal skills to respond to customers with a rational and empathetic manner.
- Good written skills to succinctly, accurately and objectively respond to customers queries.
- Effective prioritization yet able to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs, managing their expectations effectively.
- Proactive, analytical and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent time management skills: able to work under pressure, juggling short deadlines, multiple priorities and concern for maintaining standards.
- Experience of software packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook and experience is using database systems.
- Project management experience would be an advantage
- Some business travel may be needed for business, team or project meetings
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-20343.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up