Contracts Systems Associate
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The purpose of the Contracts Systems Associate role is to ensure business continuity and preservation of Contracts opportunities and value through skillful administration of the contract lifecycle management tools (CLMTs) within Legal which include our legacy tool, Total Contract Manager (Jaggaer) as well as the Icertis Contract Management tool and C3 (Documentum). This role is accountable to support and advance Lilly Legal’s configured information technology systems and ensure contracts lifecycle management for Legal’s contracting work. As such, this role requires a learned familiarity with these systems, especially Icertis, that enable enhancements of the user experiences (contracts requestors, negotiators, reviewers, etc.) and updates/refinements to the clause libraries contained within Icertis that are used to populate our contract templates. This role also helps facilitate effective partnerships between Lilly’s legal professionals and requestors of contracts as well as all users of the CLMTs, such as Lilly Research Laboratories, and to provide technical/business guidance under the supervision of licensed attorneys in the development of contracts operational support. To accomplish this purpose, it is necessary for the Legal Associate to develop collegial and mutually productive relationships across Lilly and outside parties, when applicable. Further, the Legal Associate should evolve over time to become a primary technical subject matter expert for information and consults related to the CLMTs and the various technologies and administrative functions connected with it. While the primary focus of this role is CLMTs, this position will inform or assist with integrations of related Legal systems and processes, such as MIDAS (iManage), and CounselLink, and will provide additional legal systems support as may be required across Legal Operations.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The person in this position is expected to become the technical subject matter expert for information and consults, to individuals and teams, related to CLMTs and various technologies and administrative functions connected with it. Below are some key responsibilities:
1. Provide Legal Systems Expertise
- Systems Leadership to ensure correct use of the system. Ensure all users understand system changes and the steps needed to consistently perform the system responsibilities of their roles. Coordinate additional vendor-provided training as needed.
- Manage the collection of system performance, productivity, and quality metrics. Analyze data from system reports. Prepare custom data for management upon request.
- Incident Risk/Response Management. In partnership with Legal IDS, identify, prioritize, help resolve, and communicate the response to user issues and questions. Coordinate with vendors. Escalate risks and concerns and assist in constructing mitigation alternatives.
- System Access & Security Administration. Apply appropriate security protocols and provide system access to new users. Ensure all security administration procedures are executed. Comply with internal and external audits.
- User Training. Provide right-sized training to new users, as well as refresher or advanced training to existing users. Ensure all roles trusted with privileged security are trained on the quality execution of procedures
- System Maintenance Coordination. Coordinate and ensure communication of system maintenance outages and other significant events. Lead and participate in quarterly maintenance activities, including rules/workflows analysis and playbook, as well as testing and trouble-shooting. Execute and delegate the execution of maintenance procedures to support users as appropriate.
- System Enhancement Assessments – Assist the team and Legal IDS in developing and progressing a multi-year product road map that includes continuous improvement but forward-looking planning of system architectural management. Identify opportunities for efficiency gains connected with contracts lifecycle management technologies and make improvement recommendations. Organize user acceptance and regression testing to ensure a quality production system.
- Disaster Readiness – Ensure business continuity is in place for upgrades and other planned outages. Setup and maintain the backup repository(ies). Ensure repository is available during disasters. Ensure all affected users understand their responsibilities. Serve as point person for business continuity communications.
- Records Management. Serve as local area Global Records Information Management steward. Ensure timely litigation hold records management in CLMTs, and help coordinate record retention management efforts in CLMTs, MIDAS, and beyond.
- Overflow and Back-up Support. Serve as a team member and provide additional overflow and back-up support as required.
- Compliance with all applicable regulations, internal policies and internal quality systems
- Ensure legal requirements are met for projects. Participate actively in identifying gaps, involving others, and making recommendations
- Develop relationships with personnel in other Lilly functional areas to effectively influence the implementation and integration of Contracts data and services.
- Constructively challenge teams to reach the best solutions to issues. Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and ability to address and effectively communicate legal issues
- Communicate both in written and oral form with members of the clients’ leadership team(s).
- Development of training materials/user guides/playbooks content that educate customers about the benefits and risks of CLMTs.
2. Provide Leadership for Users
This is accomplished by:
- Taking a proactive leadership role in the execution of the CLMTS change control process, including facilitation of enhancements, changes requests, and incidents
- Establishing trust and credibility through superior legal knowledge and influencing others in a manner that creates maximum advantage for the organization
- Managing assertively to meet timelines and elevate productivity throughout the development of new system capabilities by setting priorities, finding innovative ways of doing essential work, and improving quality.
- Taking leadership in ensuring the success of our business partnerships
3. Achieve Results with People
This is accomplished by:
- Sharing with team current issues and trends in Contracts administration
- Strategizing with internal and external teams on evolving technology and operations road maps as well as procedures content
- Sharing learning regarding evolving technology opportunities and constraints
- Participating in forums that share Contracts support information, including Information Technology components
4. Lead development of risk mitigation strategies for Contracts data, data quality, and affiliated processes.
This is accomplished by:
- Ongoing monitoring and communicating factors and trends in the external environment related to Contracts, vendors, tools, and systems
- Communicating learning to clients regarding Lilly interactions with critical internal or external stakeholders
- Supporting implementation of Lilly Legal guidelines and standards
5. Exercise accountability for knowledge transfer across Lilly Legal
This is accomplished by:
- Developing an understanding regarding the background of Contracts systems and services
- Supporting implementation of new contracts systems strategies
- Regularly communicating with other components in the legal organization (e.g., other legal systems employees) to facilitate sharing of information that allows the entire component to more effectively support Lilly Legal.
- Being recognized as a technical expert in a specific area, product/class or a functional area
- Attending internal and external training programs, such as those offered by legal service providers
- Sharing lessons learned in forums such as internal legal workshops and conferences, steering groups, and as appropriate, external industry or vendor panels
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years experience providing IT or legal services in a regulated environment
- Solid understanding of legal and Contracts databases, tools, and resources
- Knowledge of database/systems administration best practices and experience in incident response and problem-solving
- Knowledge and experience with project management methodologies, for example, critical chain, agile, and lean six sigma.
- Experience with system integrations, upgrades
- Awareness of evolving external reform initiatives and pending changes in patent or trademark laws and technologies
- Tech savvy, practiced and proficient with Internet Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Must have a proven proficiency in establishing and meeting aggressive project deadlines, demonstrating initiative, working independently, and achieving results.
- Demonstrated ability to influence people and decisions, drive solutions, anticipate and resolve problems, assess and manage risk in a highly regulated environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail, strong written, spoken and presentation communication skills, effective teamwork and adaptable to diverse interpersonal styles, negotiate and influence
- Must strive to achieve and maintain a best-in-industry standing as a competitive CONTRACTS systems administration professional.
- Applicant should enjoy deep technical problem-solving, application of vision and influence, and the opportunities and challenges that come with supporting a diverse and inclusive corporate legal operation.
- Travel Percentage: 0-10%
- Lilly credits its exceptional employees for its successes and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. A company rich in heritage, Lilly employs individuals, conducts research and markets products worldwide. By providing for the unmet needs of our customers through a continuous stream of innovation, we will outgrow all competitors.
- Lilly earns consistent and wide recognition for creating an exceptional work environment while maintaining our highly regarded reputation in the Pharmaceutical Industry and Community. The following is a selection of awards and recognition Lilly has received in recent years
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally pr
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-3653.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up