Clinical Supply Operations Manager
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Global Business Solutions (GBS) Center at Cork was established in July 2010 to provide financial shared services such as Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, and General Accounting and Global Travel and Meeting services. Since then, the scope of GBS Cork has expanded outside of Finance and into other Business Service functions, Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management and Medical Information and Clinical Trials. The current headcount is circa 700 multi-lingual employees and the culture is vibrant and diverse. The GBS was awarded CIMA International Shared Service Centre of the Year in 2013 and 2014, with particular credit to Employee Engagement.
Lilly enjoys a strong reputation for quality and focus on employee development. We make it our mission to attract the best and we always look at alternative ways to provide opportunities for our people to excel, grow and build a great career. Other than working with a great team, we also offer a very competitive benefits package, we provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long-term career.
The Clinical Trial Supply Planning and Execution organization, as part of Clinical Design, Delivery and Analytics, is responsible for influencing clinical trial design and supply chain strategy for molecules and trials in all stages of development. The Clinical Supply Operations Manager will work closely with roles in the CTSP&E organization and other Product Delivery functions. The Manager is responsible for supervision and oversight of the Clinical Supply Operations Coordinators technical systems support for critical business processes and for seamless collaboration across the organization to support the portfolio.
- Lead, inspire and influence a team of 8-15 employees
- Responsible for ensuring robust performance management, development and succession management plans are in place for each employee
- Actively connect with your people and champion employee engagement
- Build a network across the organization to remove barriers, resolve issues and champion operational excellence
- Participate in appropriate change management and Clinical Demand & Operations metrics to manage the business
- Lead by example in maintaining GMP/GCP compliance by following procedures applicable to clinical trial execution
- Appropriately escalate from issue identification through resolution within CTSP&E
Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence
- Actively work in partnership with CTSP&E roles to maintain effective relationships and ensuring efficient and compliant processes
- Foster an environment of integrated teamwork and partnership via shared learning and accountability
- Able to use multiple technologies efficiently to participate in meetings and communicate within CTSP&E and across organizations
- Continuously identify and bring forth process improvement initiatives including standardization and/or re-engineering of processes and controls
- Support innovation and process optimization to speed drug development
- Proven ability to work on high level value-add ad hoc projects while continuing to achieve routine goals
- Analyse and translate data into key strategic inputs and insights to drive decision making
- Lead organizational changes
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English
- 5-7 years work experience
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and within a global multi-cultural team environment
- Self-motivated professional with excellent customer service and strong working/team building relationship skills
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills to interact globally and with all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational, collaboration and multitasking capabilities
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and analysing multiple entities
- Flexibility in adapting to a non-routine and fast paced environment
- Strong project management abilities (timeline, scope, budget, risk management)
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills for complex issues
- Ability to make decisions in the absence of an obvious answer/approach
- Knowledge of clinical trial material requirements including GCP and GMP requirements
- Degree in health care, science, or supply chain related field
- Experience in people leadership
- Experience in supply chain and/or inventory management systems planning
- Experience in clinical development
- Systems experience, especially SAP and/or Business Objects, is desirable
- Experience with data or data analytics
- Licenses or Certifications: such as APICS, Supply Chain Certificate (via MBA or specific university program), PM Certification
- Ability to flex working hours outside of local core hours to support the portfolio across the globe
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-1611.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up