Business Intelligence Senior Analyst
Cork, MunsterNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewThe Global Business Solutions (GBS) Center at Cork was established in July 2010 to provide financial shared services such as Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, General Accounting and Global Travel and Meeting services. Since then, the scope of GBS Cork has expanded outside of Finance and into other Business Service functions, including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management and Medical Information. This growth, outside of Finance, is in addition to continued growth in our original Finance scope. This means that we have a diverse group of employees from finance professionals to HR professionals to medical professionals and event planning experts. The current headcount is circa 400 multi-lingual employees and the culture is vibrant and diverse. This is enhanced by every employee in the GBS and championed by the GBS committees – Sports & Social, Culture Club, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Food.
The GBS was awarded CCMA International Shared Service Centre of the Year in 2013, 2014 and 2018, with particular credit to Employee Engagement. The GBS Lilly Management Team is currently looking for you if you have a people-oriented, customer centric and forward-thinking mindset. This individual will be an exceptional professional, who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a challenging and dynamic work environment, and will be an active contributor to our team.
Lilly enjoys a strong reputation for quality and consistent focus on employee development. We make it our mission to attract the best people and we always look at alternative ways to provide opportunities for our people to excel, grow and build an exceptional and fulfilling career. Other than working with a great team, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. We provide an open, transparent and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
The Customer Meeting Services (CMS) team support Lilly Meeting Owners throughout Europe, Russia, Ukraine & Turkey with meeting planning, oversight, execution and transfer of value (TOV) data collection to enable compliance with the EFPIA Disclosure Code. CMS teams locally provide support for Meetings Oversight, while the CMS teams located in the GBS complete Health Care Provider (HCP) contracting, payment, expense reimbursement and compliance support.
ResponsibilitiesThe Business Intelligence Analyst will oversee, both directly and indirectly, the reporting and analytics needed by the CMS function to: measure business performance against key metrics and service level agreements; create and distribute regular management reporting; complete ad hoc analytics required to support ongoing operations and; support leadership with the identification of business insights and opportunities for improvement through trend and comparative analysis, across geographical areas, business units and time periods. The role will also work to influence across the enterprise to create consistent, controlled and meaningful reports.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Understand the data sources, capabilities of the data and improvement identification.
- Identification and production of business insights to promote business opportunities and provoke innovation and change.
- Communications to support/drive behaviour changes.
- Promote the value of the various Lilly Meetings Programs supported by the GBS.
- Analysis of business trends to assist in forecasting in support of our resource model.
- Review current processes and reporting to validate or improve future reporting – automation of reporting
- Design a user-friendly reporting interface
- Oversee, design and direct the BI strategy for the CMS organisation in the GBS, through:
- The creation, validation, distribution and presentation of the monthly CMS Lead Metrics across the EFPIA Region, including the provision of an Executive Summary to CMS leadership.
- The creation, validation and distribution of the monthly CMS Scorecard for GBS leadership.
- The creation, validation and distribution the monthly CMS Lead Metrics across each Hub and affiliate, including the provision of an Executive Summary per Hub.
- Support reporting requirements within the International Business Unit (IBU) to provide leadership with insights into the performance and behaviours of their teams in relation to key compliance, customer experience and productivity drivers within the HCP meetings program.
- Documentation and training:
- Document reporting processes so those processes can provide a template for future reporting.
- Making reports easily accessible to the appropriate teams.
- Operationalize integrated, controlled and consistent reporting
- Support trouble shooting and facilitate training to others within the GBS in relation to data analytical tools as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Use data to create insights.
- Understand reporting requests and implement/provide reports that meet or exceed the need of the receiving group.
- Use data to communicate behaviour changes needed.
- Influence complex regulatory, business or technical issues.
- Influence without authority.
- Identify other data sources to complement our current data in order to provide more comprehensive insights and opportunities
- Have a thorough understanding of data, data structures, data sources, tools and the processes used by the organisation.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Develop awareness of various compliance reporting requirements.
- Financial and compliance acumen with strong attention to detail and process.
- Minimum of a degree or equivalent in a computer science, data analysis or numerical discipline
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant experience in a data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Experience with Tableau and Microsoft Power BI a distinct advantage
- Knowledge and demonstrated competencies in the following is an advantage:
- Statistics and how to apply them to meetings, compliance, contracting and payment data.
- Experience using other analytical tools, such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Access & SQL.
- Experience with the use of Salesforce.com & SAP reporting.
- Meetings and Events, Travel and associated compliance requirements within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Eager to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Curiosity and passion for data and data visualization
- Ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences
- Proven track record demonstrating an aptitude to analyze trends, compile data into comprehensive reports, and making recommendations based on findings
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 53961.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up