Research Scientist-In Vivo Studies
Cambridge, MassachusettsNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
Lilly is passionate about the discovery, development and commercialization of potential new medicines that will impact and improve the lives of patients. Our Neuroscience Next Generation Therapeutics team is an innovation-focused organization striving to identify, develop and apply the most cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum benefit to our patients. Are you looking to be part of a growing, driven team where you will help to progress new therapeutic approaches toward clinical development and commercialization? Oligonucleotide-based therapies and other novel modalities represent an existing avenue of research toward development of the next generation of therapies.
The Next Generation Therapeutics group is a newly formed team with a focus on using novel therapeutic modalities to deliver medicines for chronic pain and neuro degenerative disorders. The group, based at our Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall square, will work with internal and external partners to identify and deliver new novel therapies into patients at speed. The team is seeking experienced and inspiring scientists to join our fast-paced, interdisciplinary team as we leverage innovative RNA/oligonucleotide/gene and genomic based therapeutics to enhance our portfolio.
- Establish and optimize a streamlined strategy/pipeline for preclinical in vivo testing
- Work with project teams to design and plan live-phase experiments to support the preclinical characterization and evaluation of novel therapeutic molecules.
- Lead the analysis and interpretation of in vivo data, collating and presenting to projects teams to enable efficient and effective decision.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop and implement aggressive work plans and timelines.
- Build and manage positive relationships with external CROs and commission in vivo studies off-site.
- Provide technical and scientific expertise to internal and external teams
- Manage the supply and demand of relevant in vivo models by working directly suppliers.
- Support technology development for improving the delivery of novel therapeutics to regions of interest in the nervous system.
- Generate novel target ideas and contribute to their validation.
- PhD degree in neuroscience or related fields
- Proven track record in delivering in vivo data packages.
- Experience developing and working with neuroscience-relevant in vivo models and assays
- Track record of developing/delivering novel in vivo methodologies and assays to support drug discovery programs
- Expertise in CNS tissue dissection and processing, and familiarity with standard PK/PD assays
- Ability to design, execute and interpret experiments independently, and to advance scientific understanding.
- Expert knowledge of the relevant key literature on in vivo methods and assays
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated efficiency in collaborating across functional boundaries
- Demonstrated experience in processing, organizing, analyzing and visualizing complex data and information from disparate sources and ability to extract insight from data
- Experience in RNAi/gene therapy discovery or a demonstrable interest in the area and understanding of the challenges as it relates to neuroscience.
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54599.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up