Research Scientist-In Vitro
Cambridge, MassachusettsNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
Lilly is passionate about the discovery of potential new medicines that will impact and improve the lives of patients. Our Neuroscience Therapeutic team is innovation-focused, striving to identify, develop and apply the most cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum benefit to our patients. Are you looking to be part of a growing, driven team where you will help to progress new therapeutic approaches toward clinical development and commercialization? Oligonucleotide-based therapies and other novel modalities represent an existing avenue of research toward development of the next generation of therapies.
The Neuroscience group is focused on using novel therapeutic modalities to deliver medicines for chronic pain and neuro degenerative disorders. You and the team, based at our Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall Square, will work with internal and external partners to identify and deliver new novel therapies into patients at speed. We are seeking experienced and inspiring scientists to join our fast-paced, interdisciplinary team as we leverage innovative RNA/oligonucleotide/gene and genomic based therapeutic agents to enhance our portfolio. We are looking for a hardworking scientist with a track record of innovation in developing novel in-vitro methodologies and assays to support drug discovery programs.
- Design and execute cell-based studies to support the characterization and evaluation of novel molecules for CNS and PNS applications.
- Generate various types of functional neuronal and glial cells from human iPSC’s, primary cortical, spinal and dorsal root ganglia cultures.
- Design experiments and assays to provide confirmation of RNA and protein knockdown in relevant cell-based assays using qPCR, high-content imaging, protein detection & quantification (such as ELISA, MSD, plate readers) and other relevant biochemical methods.
- Develop functional imaging and high throughput electrophysiological assays to validate targets and confirm and/or profile the activity of novel molecules.
- Support technology development for improving the delivery of novel therapeutics to regions of interest in the nervous system.
- Handle interactions with external CROs partners to ensure access to relevant fresh tissue preparations and cell lines and evaluate opportunities to expand expertise and resources though outsourcing.
- Provide conceptual guidance into experimental design, integrated data analysis and communication of results to scientific teams and management
- Generate novel target ideas and contribute to their validation.
- Identify and procure in-vitro equipment and contribute to setting up of the new state of the art in-vitro labs.
- Recruit, coach, mentor and actively grow In-Vitro team
- PhD degree in neuroscience or related scientific field
- Proven track record in delivering cell-based assays.
- Expertise with culturing primary and iPSC-derived neurons and their genetic or pharmacological manipulation.
- Experience with high-content imaging platforms such as Opera Phenix, Operetta, Cell Insight, IN Cell, ImageXpress, ArrayScan.
- Expertise with standard cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, and neuroscience techniques including use of automated liquid/sample handling robotics.
- Experience or working knowledge of functional cell-based assays techniques using high throughput imaging and/or electrophysiological systems (eg Hamamatsu uCell, MEA, FLIRP etc).
- Ability to design, execute and interpret experiments independently, and to advance scientific understanding.
- Expert knowledge of the relevant key literature on cellular assays and cell biology
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated efficiency in collaborating across functional boundaries.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing complex data and information from disparate sources and ability to extract insight from data.
- Experience in RNAi/gene therapy discovery or an interest in the area and understanding of the challenges as it relates to neuroscience.
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54587.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up