Principal Research Scientist-Neurodegeneration
Cambridge, MassachusettsNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
Lilly is passionate about the discovery, development and commercialization of potential new medicines that will impact and improve the lives of patients. Our Neuroscience Next Generation Therapeutics team is an innovation-focused organization striving to identify, develop and apply the most cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum benefit to our patients. Are you looking to be part of a growing, driven team where you will help to progress new therapeutic approaches toward clinical development and commercialization? Oligonucleotide-based therapies and other novel modalities represent an existing avenue of research toward development of the next generation of therapies for CNS and PNS disorders.
The Next Generation Therapeutics group is a newly formed team with a focus on using novel therapeutic modalities to deliver medicines for chronic pain and neuro degenerative disorders. The group, based at our Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall Square, will work with internal and external partners to identify and deliver new novel therapies into patients at speed. The team is seeking experienced and inspiring scientists to join our fast-paced, interdisciplinary team as we leverage innovative RNA/oligonucleotide/gene and genomic based therapeutic modalities to enhance our portfolio.
- Deliver internal and partnered RNA/gene therapy therapeutics programs aimed at treating neurodegenerative disease to clinical POC.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams for the preclinical development of novel RNA and gene modulation-based therapeutics and contribute as an integral team member for clinical development (discovery through full clinical implantation).
- Design and execute focused preclinical in vivo and in vitro studies via CROs and internal groups.
- Identify and validate translational pharmacodynamic biomarkers for RNA/gene therapeutic programs and build detailed understanding of the relationship between RNA/protein modulation and PD effects in collaborations with ADME and PKPD experts.
- Effectively communicate results and project status to internal and external partners including collaborators, key opinion leaders.
- Identify key academic and expert CROs that can deliver invivo and invitro studies relevant for neurodegenerative disease.
- Establish strong scientific and technical initiatives for new target identification and validation in the novel modality therapeutic space.
- Help recruit, lead, coach and mentor team members and develop positive relationships; communicate effectively with internal colleagues at all levels.
- Seek and develop new external relationships to apply new technologies to CNS discovery programs (especially related to novel therapeutic modality -neuroscience approaches).
- Lead external relationships with CROs, research partners and academic institutions to deliver data efficiently. Manage research related documentation including study plans, data files and scientific reports.
- PhD and/or MD in Neuroscience, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Cell Biology, or a related field
- 5 or more years of relevant academic or industry biotech experience post education
- Expertise in neurodegenerative research with proven track record in the pre-clinical development of therapeutics in this area. Alternatively, expertise in working with the RNA/gene therapy area pre-clinically and motivated to apply knowledge to a new therapeutic area.
- Strong publishing record in the field of neuroscience and neurodegeneration, and a deep understanding of current literature.
- Strong communication/presentation/leadership skill.
- Experience in working within or in collaboration with biotech companies.
- Highly motivated to quickly delivery new therapeutic opportunity to patients.
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54601.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up