Principal Research Scientist-Data Sciences
Cambridge, MassachusettsNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
Lilly is passionate about the discovery, development and commercialization of potential new medicines that will impact and improve the lives of patients. Our Neuroscience Next Generation Therapeutics team is an innovation-focused organization striving to identify, develop and apply the most cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum benefit to our patients. Are you looking to be part of a growing, driven team where you will help to progress new therapeutic approaches toward clinical development and commercialization? Oligonucleotide-based therapies and other novel modalities represent an existing avenue of research toward development of the next generation of therapies.
The Next Generation Therapeutics group is a newly formed team with a focus on using novel therapeutic modalities to deliver medicines for chronic pain and neuro degenerative disorders. The group, based at our Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall Square, will work with internal and external partners to identify and deliver new novel therapies into patients at speed. The team is seeking experienced and inspiring scientists to join our fast-paced, interdisciplinary team as we leverage innovative RNA/oligonucleotide/gene and genomic based therapeutic modalities to enhance our portfolio.
- Utilize internal and external -omics datasets to deliver novel insights into the biology of disease, validate new targets and improve selection of patients for clinical trials
- Identify clinically relevant disease and response loci for novel therapeutics from -omics datasets
- Perform statistical analyses and modelling in collaboration with statisticians to evaluate efficacy, PK and PD of novel treatments
- Assess the scientific and technical integrity of algorithms and statistical techniques used within the analysis pipeline
- Develop data pipelines for the rapid automation and analysis of study data
- Create data structures for the storage, integration and secondary analysis of data
- Prevent analysis bottlenecks by utilizing high performance computing capabilities
- Deliver software solutions: image analysis, machine learning and AI
- Apply machine-learning methods (e.g. deep learning, reinforcement learning, and generative adversarial networks) to biological imaging data to evaluate temporal and spatial effects of novel targets
- Perform secondary analyses to create additional value from Lilly’s data assets, create high quality data visualizations and present research findings to the scientific community
- PhD degree in computer and information sciences, bioinformatics, cheminformatics, computational biology/chemistry or related field
- 5 or more years of relevant academic or industry/biotech experience post education
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated efficiency in collaborating cross-functionally
- Practical experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Experience in RNAi discovery, especially in siRNA design
- Postgraduate school experience in one or more of the following areas: bioinformatics, cheminformatics, computational chemistry and machine-learning
- Demonstrated experience in processing, organizing, analyzing and visualizing complex data and information from disparate sources and ability to extract insight from data
- Health and research data literacy with the ability to build and curate databases and knowledge graphs for analysis
- Extensive experience in data extraction and manipulation (e.g. SQL, GraphQL and Cypher)
- Experience working with Cloud (AWS) and High-Performance Computing environments (e.g. Kubernetes and grid engine)
- Recruit, coach, mentor and actively grow the Data Sciences team
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54596.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up