Postdoctoral Research Scientist-RNA Therapeutics-FDE
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
ResponsibilitiesThe Lilly RNA Therapeutics team is looking for an exceptional, innovative postdoctoral research scientist to join our dynamic team in Cambridge, MA to pursue cutting-edge research in a highly interdisciplinary environment. The successful candidate is expected to have a strong research track in bioinformatics and/or the development of tissue-specific drug delivery technologies.
One of our research projects involves the development of novel methodologies to enable precise delivery of RNA-based therapies to specific tissues, systematic studies of the efficacy of proposed delivery vehicles and method development towards the establishment of tools to facilitate quantification novel quantitative and tools to facilitate detailed studies of drug distribution. The other research project involves the development of state-of-the-art algorithms to enable discovery and development of RNA-based therapies, with emphasis in RNA editing and small-activating RNA (saRNA).
It is anticipated that the research undertaken will yield exciting data and potentially novel methodologies suited for publication in high impact scientific journals. The successful candidate will be exposed to the full breadth of preclinical and clinical drug discovery at Lilly and will provide opportunities to contribute to the development of breakthrough medicines.
It is anticipated that the research undertaken will yield exciting data and/or algorithms suited for publication in high impact scientific journals. The successful candidate will be exposed to the full breadth of drug discovery at Lilly and will provide opportunities to contribute to the development of breakthrough medicines.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computer science, chemical engineering, biology, chemistry or a related field
- Understanding of RNA-based therapies
- Prior experience with siRNA design and chemically modified siRNA design, expertise in analyzing relationships among sequence, structure and function, and strong background in algorithms and statistics, data management and mining, and machine learning.
- Prior experience tissue-specific delivery, encapsulation methods, lipid nanoparticles (LPN) formulations or other RNA-suitable drug delivery methods, process development and optimization
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with characterization techniques, design of experiments, and statistics
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend annually for up to 4 years.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application processes please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55651.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up