Cambridge, MassachusettsNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
Eli Lilly has a proud record of drug discovery and development for Alzheimer’s Disease with a highly competitive portfolio of industry leading assets. We are now seeking highly motivated scientists to join the Neurodegeneration team to facilitate its mission of discovering novel medicines for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and other related neurodegenerative conditions.
The Cell Biologist position will be within the Proteostasis Group, which is part of the larger Neurodegeneration division. The primary responsibility is to run cell-based functional assays in support of neuroscience drug discovery projects, making major contributions to neuroscience functional assay experimental platform development. Do you have a working knowledge of key biochemical techniques, cellular assays and cell biology? This may be the opportunity you are looking for.
Some responsibilities may include:
- Maintenance and manipulation of human iPSC cells, differentiation into neurons and performing biochemical, imaging or functional assays in these cells, or similar in primary neuronal culture.
- Working with other cell systems, for example immortalised cell lines, (e.g. viral transfection, siRNA knock-down, genetic manipulation, co-culture) to increase target validation for various molecular pathways.
- High content imaging, including image analysis.
- Measurement of biochemical or functional parameters in cells using techniques including microscopy, live fluorescence imaging, immunocytochemistry, calcium imaging, morphology, live/dead cell assays.
- Crafting, validating, troubleshooting, and performing molecular, biochemical and cell-based assays to address key molecular mechanisms and test new chemical entities.
- Performing assays that might include: AlphaScreen, ELISA, MSD, SDS-PAGE.
- Provide written and verbal communication of work in lab reports and team meetings.
- Accurate recording of all practical work: completion of electronic lab notebook to Lilly procedure quality standards.
- Maintaining high laboratory standards with regard to quality and safety.
- BS and/or MS in Biology, Cell Biology or related scientific area
- Relevant neuroscience experience preferred
- Hands-on experience in aseptic cell culture techniques.
- Sound knowledge of experimental design and statistics for biology experimental work.
- Ability to analyse and interpret biochemical and cell-based imaging data and identify errors.
- Capable of crafting experiments, generating data, interpreting results and documenting work.
- Strong organization skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and report results accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment.
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54605.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up