Principal Research Scientist-RNA Computational
Cambridge Street, Massachusetts
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is passionate about the discovery, development and commercialization of potential new medicines that will impact and improve the lives of patients. Our RNA Therapeutics team is an innovation-focused organization striving to identify, develop and apply the most groundbreaking technologies to deliver maximum benefit to our patients. Are you looking to be part of a growing, driven team where you will help to progress new therapeutic approaches toward clinical development and commercialization? Oligonucleotide-based therapies represent a promising avenue of research toward development of new RNA-based medicines. We are actively looking to expand our oligonucleotide research and development efforts at our Cambridge Innovation Center.
Do you have a consistent track record of innovation in developing/delivering innovative methodologies, tools and applications in the field of bio/cheminformatics, structure-based drug design and machine-learning? The RNA Therapeutics group at Eli Lilly and Company is seeking experienced and inspiring scientists to join our fast-paced, interdisciplinary team as we utilize novel RNA/oligonucleotide based therapeutic modalities to enhance our portfolio. You will utilize your expertise to establish core capabilities and help drive the discovery and development of RNA-based clinical candidates.
- Deliver state of art methodologies and capabilities by utilizing bio-cheminformatics techniques, structure-based drug design, latest machine learning and AI algorithms
- Play a critical role in the development of RNA informatics and computational platform from discovery to development
- Engage in and contribute on-going portfolio projects within RNA therapeutics
- Represent RNA therapeutics as a technical/scientific lead on cross-functional research teams that include discovery, development and research IT organizations
- Contribute to the overall scientific strategy for RNA Therapeutics, especially the design/data science team
- Drive the evaluation of external and internal capabilities and facilitate collaborations with external partners
- PhD in computer and information sciences, bioinformatics, cheminformatics, computational chemistry or related field
- At least 4 years of drug discovery experience in the field of RNA Therapeutics within industry (pharmaceutical or biotech preferred)
- Deep expertise in analyzing relationships among sequence, structure and function
- Proven experience in processing, organizing, analyzing and visualizing complex data and information from disparate sources and ability to extract insight from data
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated effectiveness in collaborating across functional boundaries
- Experience working with Cloud (AWS) and High-Performance Computing
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 56435.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up