Sr Engineer-Plant Engineering
Branchburg Township, New JerseyNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for the operating, maintaining and upgrading HVAC systems and building management systems (BMS) used to support biotech manufacturing facilities. These systems will including air handlers, chillers, cooling towers, heating systems, exhaust systems and the associated support and controls equipment. This position will interact with various team members on Process Teams, including Engineering, Facilities, Manufacturing, validation, and quality assurance and other Lilly Sites as required. Knowledge of HVAC and BMS or appropriate training is required. This position is responsible for independently managing the execution of engineering projects associated with these systems for the existing Lilly NJ-NY Facilities. Responsibilities include preparing equipment and/or construction specifications, drawings, scopes of work and estimates in order to submit bid packages to qualified contractors and monitoring the construction. This position will manage project activities and influence project team members to ensure that project scope, budget and schedules are maintained. Responsibilities also include preparing the appropriate change control documentation prior to making changes on validated systems. Other duties include coordinating required plant shutdowns, preparing and reviewing all preventative maintenance procedures, and equipment operational SOPs and log books, and ensuring all required spare parts are purchased and available.
- Responsible for supporting clinical and commercial manufacturing:
- Respond to and trouble shoot HVAC equipment related issues; provide direction to lower level engineers supporting this equipment. Use BMS/historian data and other sources of process data to extract and chart relevant process parameters on a continuous basis. Uses process knowledge to analyze possible solutions to solve a range of problems.
- Ensure regulatory compliance from an equipment and process performance aspect. Understand capability and capacity of unit operations and process. Active participation in Process Teams to verify that systems and equipment are in control; use of first principals, RCA or other tools to reach conclusion and recommendations for remediation of any problems or deviations.
- Supports Process Team by responding to questions, sharing process knowledge, and troubleshooting issues as they occur. Respond to operations needs and handles standard and non-standard requests.
- Lead equipment related investigation and resolutions. Provide process related input to process team for deviations and observations. Make decisions that impact own priorities and allocation of time to meet deadlines.
- Execute, or assist, in system or equipment related change controls. Own equipment related CAPAs and changes. Perform safety assessments as required for change controls and any project related activity. Effect incremental improvement.
- Perform key responsibilities of discipline other than Plant Engineering; Automation – support measurement and control systems, Maintenance – insuring an asset’s functionality is maintained.
- Creates or modifies SOPs for Engineering procedures as required. Reviews and approves operational SOPs, ensuring procedures can be executed as written to ensure practice matches procedure, as it relates to the process equipment and order of operations.
- Provide engineering support to other project managers for new equipment installations, capital projects, and shutdown related activity.
- Performs all job functions with adherence to company policies, in a cGMP manner, safely and ethically.
- Oversight of engineering projects and upgrades to the existing facilities. Manage engineering projects with respect to facilities, equipment and systems for existing buildings.
- Preparation of capital project approval documentation. Coordination of capital project tracking with Finance Department.
- Preparation of construction, equipment and service bid packages.
- Perform construction management to ensure that projects are completed safely, on schedule and within established budgetary goals.
- Prepare appropriate change control documentation as required for modifications to qualified systems.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting support to the Facilities, Manufacturing and Laboratory Departments as required.
- Prepare and review preventative maintenance procedures on equipment and systems.
- Schedule and coordinate shutdowns, as necessary for project work.
- Act as subject matter expert during regulatory, business partner and corporate inspections of facilities and equipment.
- Representing Plant Engineering on their assigned process team.
- B.S. Engineering.
- Minimum five years experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology functions
- Technical knowledge of HVAC and building management systems utilized in the biopharm industry.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Project or other project scheduling software.
- Ability to work as a team leader to execute multi-disciplined projects.
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54104.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up