Operator I-Fixed Duration Employee
Branchburg Township, New JerseyNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering; developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
We strive to make life better and to be leaders in diversity and inclusion, clinical research, corporate responsibility and employee benefits. For more than 140 years, we have received recognition from several distinguished organizations for our efforts. Here are some of our 2019 honors:
- Catalyst Award, for our innovative Employee Journeys and People Strategy
- Corporate Knights, Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Ethisphere, World's Most Ethical Companies
- Forbes, America's Best Employers for Diversity
- Forbes, America's Best Large Employers
ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for providing support to their respective process team per Manufacturing Standard for Operational Excellence (MSOE) 602, specifically focusing on safety, quality and manufacturing performance. Perform actual duties in an assigned area within the biopharmaceutical bulk products production facility. Duties are listed below and are specific to the assigned area (Cell Culture, Purification, or BioServices). The processing areas are PLC automated and controlled via HMI. Cell Culture operations contains major equipment such as bioreactors, centrifuges, and biosafety cabinets. Protein Purification operations contains major equipment such as chromatography columns, chromatography / TFF skids, and intermediate product vessels. BioServices encompasses Media Prep, Buffer Prep, and general equipment cleaning and preparation supporting both Cell Culture and Purification. Major equipment for this area includes stainless steel vessels, autoclaves, and washers. All three major manufacturing departments utilize filtration technologies.
- Prepare and operate equipment according to written procedures. Examples include: setup and sterilization of components and process equipment, monitoring equipment parameters and making adjustments to operational settings, in-process sampling, and performing routine assays
- Responsible for providing support to their respective process team, per Manufacturing Standard for Operational Excellence (MSOE) 602
- Record data, log activities, and monitor processes according to cGMP standards
- Assist in the review of batch records for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain an elevated level of safety awareness. Communicate safety issues to management in a timely manner
- Adhere to all safety, environmental, quality, and EEO/AA standards and policies of the Corporation
- Perform all duties with a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Minimum High School diploma/GED with 2-4 years work experience
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Ability to understand technical nomenclature and language as well as work with mathematical formulas.
- Previous experience in a biotech facility a plus
- Must have good manual dexterity and demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and record information clearly and accurately
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in aseptic processing techniques a plus.
- Must meet the physical requirements of the job; must have the ability to:
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Bend, reach, stretch, climb ladders, and work in tight spaces
- Stand for long periods
- Wear appropriate clean room attire
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend annually for up to 4 years.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 53192.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up