Financial Analyst, Manufacturing Operations
Branchburg Township, New Jersey
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
ResponsibilitiesAre you seeking a career that makes a difference in the world? Do you have expertise in and a real passion for financial planning, forecasting and analysis? We are seeking a new member on our team, read on to learn more about this opportunity!
Other Responsibilities Include:
As the Financial Planning Analyst, you will work directly with site support areas on Branchburg’s campus, handle all Local Capital and Fixed Assets, analyze and understand the financial performance around actual vs. forecast and business plan, and assist in analyzing the manufacturing operations (absorption & variances).
- Build strategic business plans and explain variances on a month-to-month basis.
- Coordinate with the support area leaders to plan and maintain budgets
- Provide financial support to Engineering, Information Technology, Human Resources, M&Q Learning & Development, Procurement, and Finance. This includes leading and developing forecast and business plans, effectively communicating updated forecasts on these department budgets based on trends and analysis to the Finance & Accounting organization and department leaders.
- Plan each department’s spend in SAP and partner with the analyst in charge of the site’s financial consolidations accordingly.
- Assist the associate director of manufacturing finance in analyzing manufacturing activities (absorption, variances, standard costing).
- Own all capital investment requests and ensure all the accurate documentation has been included (Business Case, Estimate Summary, Corporate Investment Decision Model, HSE Form) and that the appropriate signatures and authority to spend is obtained.
- Work with the Local Engineering Team and the Lilly Corporate Capital Team to input capital forecasts into CAPS (Capital Asset Planning System) and provide monthly reporting around the actual spend vs. business plan, which includes providing insight around the drivers behind the variances.
- Ensure capital projects are closed out on time to ensure the site recognizes appropriate timing for the depreciation of the assets that are placed in service.
- Responsible for any Capital Audits that take place from either internal or external sources.
- In coordination with Local Capital, maintain an accurate record of the site’s fixed assets, continuously adding new assets (through the Cap Form) and removing assets throughout the year (through the Cap Form or Non-Verbal Communication Form).
- Partner and effectively communicate with the engineering, facilities, and manufacturing departments to ensure appropriate action takes place for assets that are new, being removed, being moved to a different building/location, etc.
- Complete Annual Fixed Asset Inventory that involves the evaluation of hundreds of local assets.
- Produce ad-hoc analysis as requested by the Assoc. VP of FP&A and/or other department managers, and internal/external auditors.
- Perform financial month-end closing items not explicitly mentioned above for the departments you support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2 to 5 years of Accounting Experience
- Prior Financial Planning and Analysis experience
- Previous experience with SAP And/or TMI for Analysis/Planning
- Prefer at least 2 to 5 years of Pharmaceutical or Biotech experience
- 1 to 3 years previous experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Big 4 Accounting Firm Experience
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and independently when appropriate
- Proficient analytical skills
- Proven ability to communicate succinctly and effectively
Additional InformationLilly credits its extraordinary employees for its successes and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. Here are a few of the recognitions Lilly has earned for building an exceptional work environment:
- Business Week magazine 50 Best Places to Launch A Career ™
- Black Enterprise 2018 list of 50 Best Companies for Diversity™
- FORTUNE 50 Best Companies for Minorities ™
- Working Mother 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers ™
- Science magazine Best Companies for Scientists ™
- DiversityInc. Top 50 Companies for Diversity™ (#5 in 2019)
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index™ – 100% score
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54894.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up