Branchburg Township, New Jersey
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering; developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
We strive to make life better and to be leaders in diversity and inclusion, clinical research, corporate responsibility and employee benefits. For more than 140 years, we have received recognition from several distinguished organizations for our efforts. Here are some of our 2019 honors:
- Catalyst Award, for our innovative Employee Journeys and People Strategy
- Corporate Knights, Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Ethisphere, World's Most Ethical Companies
- Forbes, America's Best Employers for Diversity
- Forbes, America's Best Large Employers
ResponsibilitiesDue to our ever-growing biopharmaceutical pipeline, we are seeking an Automation Engineer who shares our passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. As an automationengineer, you will be primarily responsible for the complex troubleshooting, development of PLC/HMI codes, reliable operation of the existing automation systems and the management of automation projects for the Lilly New Jersey Facilities.In this role, you will lead project activities, influence project team members and work with cross function team for successful implementation of automation projects. You will be driving appropriate GMP change control preparing/adhering project schedules and budgets, programming process control systems and providing technical support for daily biologics manufacturing operations and for the specification, installation, start-up and qualification support of process equipment projects.
- Provide technical mentoring and oversight to less experienced engineers responding to and troubleshooting process equipment related issues. Requires depth and/or breadth of expertise within discipline and recognized in a function or geographic region.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for Rockwell Automation’s PLCs and HMIs codes, data monitoring and analysis for continuous process improvements and troubleshooting complex issues
- Leadership of multiple projects and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Think outside box to Evaluate and implement continuous improvements for process and equipment
- Utilize Six Sigma tools to lead complex process automation investigation
- Consultation and collaboration with SME in Manufacturing, Maintenance, Process Engineers, Plant Engineering, Validation and Quality
- Author, review, and approve change controls, deviation investigations, standard operating procedures (SOPs), Functional Specification, drawings, schematics, work orders, etc.
- Provide engineering support and project management by:
- Representing Automation on cross functional process teams
- Maintain and enhance the Process Control Systems
- Manage the design process to ensure project meets established user requirements, capital project estimates and schedules.
- Influence functional groups regarding operability, technical feasibility, engineering design, maintenance, spare parts, installation/shut-down coordination, project schedule and validation/documentation requirements
- Arrange for procurement of equipment and instrumentation required for your projects
- Work with professional consultants and mechanical contractors to develop design and construction drawings/specifications and to implement and test the changes
- Lead installation, start-up, commissioning and qualification activities
- On call after hours and weekend support to the Maintenance/Manufacturing to ensure continuous manufacturing operation.
- Develop deep skills and knowledge.
- Deliver results consistently.
- Have attained a B.S. or M.S. in Engineering (preferably Chemical, Electrical, Computer Engineering)
- Minimum 3 years of PLC and HMI programming experience (Rockwell Automation is strongly preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with batch process control S88 standard is strongly preferred
- Experience with complex troubleshooting and process optimization in pharmaceutical industry plus
- Demonstrate a deep technical knowledge and experience with Automation Systems
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong experience in data analytics
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be self-motivated, confident and self-directed personality with able to work independently as well as in team environment
- Possess a passion for understanding; be inquisitive to what is happening in Automation and curious to learn new technology.
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 52305.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up