Associate-Downstream TS/MS Lab
Branchburg Township, New Jersey
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
ResponsibilitiesThe Technical Services/Manufacturing Science (TS/MS) Laboratory in Branchburg supports commercial and late stage clinical manufacturing of recombinant mammalian therapeutics through the development and use of comprehensive small-scale models, both upstream and downstream. Our vision is to support the smooth, timely and efficient transfer of new molecules in and out of the site with facility fit and cGMP compliance in mind, as well as to support commercially manufactured products. We are committed to streamlining manufacturing through creative experimental design and an in-depth knowledge of the relevant molecules and processes. This is a laboratory-based position and requires approximately 70% of hands-on laboratory work, with the remainder including experimental design, data analysis and report preparation.
We are looking for a talented downstream scientist/engineer to join the TS/MS lab, who will be responsible for designing, planning, executing and troubleshooting of laboratory experiments in support of manufacturing operations, continuous improvement, process validation and technology transfer. The candidate should have previous experience in downstream chromatography and filtration techniques.
Process Support, Process Improvement, and Technology Transfer
- Understand the purpose and science of the recombinant biologic production & purification process; have an in-depth knowledge of the science (including analytical) behind the molecule and the process.
- Participate in transfer and qualification of cell culture/bioreactor laboratory models from R&D for late stage clinical and commercial manufacturing processes.
- Design and perform laboratory experiments in scale-down models designed to further understand and improve the process. Work with Manufacturing to resolve technical issues, deviations and implement corrective and/or preventative actions in the plant.
- Collaborate with R&D and Manufacturing to develop, transfer and implement well-understood, robust and fit-for-purpose process control strategies.
- Document studies in electronic lab notebook (ELN), author and review technical reports and presentations and communicate/transfer relevant information and data across functions and sites.
- Understand, and perform all job responsibilities in compliance with, safety and regulatory expectations.
- Have attained a degree in Bio/Chemical Engineering, Biology, Bio/chemistry, or related science,
- 0-5 years of experience in a cGMP biopharmaceutical manufacturing and/or development environment.
- Experience in filtration and chromatography techniques used in the manufacturing of recombinantly expressed therapeutics.
- Experience setting up methods, operating and troubleshooting the Akta chromatography system.
- Experienced in statistical data analysis and knowledge of design of experiment (DoE) principles.
- The ideal candidate would gain the process understanding to later rotate into a front-line TS/MS process support role in the manufacturing plant.
- Have prior understanding of cGMP and regulatory requirements.
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application processes please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55767.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up