At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
We’re looking for strong Linux and Windows server administration experience (at least 7 years), along with a broad range of infrastructure knowledge. Prior experience engineering and leading OS technology along with new version rollout and golden image development projects is highly desirable. If you have experience being on top of emerging technology trends and practices (both technically and service delivery focused), we’d like to know about you!
Work on cutting edge technologies (IaaS, Automated deployment, Blue Green and ephemeral computing) and help lead server activities that enable’s Lilly’s purpose of uniting caring with discovery to create medicines that make life better for people around the world. You will be accountable for monitoring, organizing, optimizing, and identifying ways to improve the daily operations for the Server operations team that supports over 12,000 servers! Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are a must and having the ability to think “big picture” to implement positive change is also extremely important.
As one of our Server Engineers, your role will be
- Designing, building, implementing, supporting and maintaining Systems hardware and software; both public cloud based and internally.
- Supports Hosting operations in resolving escalated tickets requiring specific technical knowledge
- Support Vulnerability Remediation and Patch management activities
- Partner on design and operations of OR, DR, CR data protection activities
- Providing support and expertise for in-house and third-party applications
- Analyzing information from our performance tuning, capacity planning and reporting tools
- Provides Tier 3/4 server troubleshooting and support, including potential after-hours escalation support
- Ability to hold themselves and others accountable to high standards
- Experience identifying and resolving issues independently. Demonstrates a solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgement
- Employs Think, Plan, Do, Review critical thinking process for all tasks, large and small
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with information systems
- Courage to take initiative in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to gain alignment with different business function and represent a common point of view across multiple stakeholders. Must be confident building partnerships with various IDS stakeholders.
- ITIL based service delivery for Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management, and Configuration Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Experience in technologies to include:
- Windows or Linux Server Configuration / Troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of VM/Linux/Windows fundamentals (file system, structure, commands, scripting)
- Provides support for server deployments, including monitoring and management.
- Manages operating system automation and patching requirements.
- Hands-on experience with scripting languages/configuration management tools:
- Windows: Ansible, PowerShell
- Linux: Ansible, Bash, Python, and Perl
- Comfortable providing support for remote locations
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Experience with public cloud IaaS (AWS/Azure)
- Hands-on experience with automation technologies for CICD (Jenkins)
- Unix shell programming and performance tuning.
- Experience with implementing secure NFSv4
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite Server / WSUS
- Working knowledge with Ansible Tower
- Knowledge in working with Kerberos based AD authentication in Linux (Centrify)
- Ability to follow procedures and provide documentation
- Understanding of networking protocols
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Microsoft MCSA Windows Server 2016/2019
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®)
- AWS/Azure certified SysOps Administrator, or Solutions Architect
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-4145.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up