Study Build Programmer
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Clinical Study Build Associate is responsible for programming and testing clinical trial data collection databases. This requires an in depth understanding of data technology, data flow, and data standards. The Clinical Study Build Associate will collaborate with the Clinical Data Management Associate, Clinical Data Associate and other key stakeholders to deliver standardized data collection methods and innovative validation solutions for use in global clinical trials.
Primary Responsibilities:This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the job requirements at the time it was prepared. The job requirements of any position may change over time and may include additional responsibilities not specifically described in the job description. Consult with your supervision regarding your actual job responsibilities and any related duties that may be required for the position.
- Program and test data collection systems for a trial or set of trials within a program using data standards library
- Ensure data collection systems are delivered accurately, efficiently and in alignment with study objectives
- Provide insights into study level deliverables (i.e. Data Management Plan, Project Plan, database, and observed datasets)
- Support submission, inspection and regulatory response activities
- Increase speed, accuracy, and consistency in the development of systems solutions
- Enable metrics reporting of study development timelines and pre and post production changes to database
- Partner with Clinical Data Management Associate to deliver study database per business need and before first patient visit
- Comply with data standard decisions and strategies for a study and/or program
- Utilize therapeutic knowledge and possess a deep understanding of the technology used to collect clinical trial data
- Effectively apply knowledge of applicable internal, external and regulatory requirements/expectations (MQA, CSQ, MHRA, FDA, ICH, GCP, PhRMA, Privacy knowledge, etc.) to study build deliverables
- Continually seek and implement means of improving processes to reduce study build cycle time and decrease work effort
- Represent Data and Analytics processes in cross-functional initiatives
- Actively participate in shared learning across Data and Analytics organization
- Work to Increase re-usability of forms and edits by improving the initial design
- Work to reduce post production changes change control process
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 3 years database programming and system validation experience in the clinical, pharmaceutical, biotech, CRO or regulatory agency sectors
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, medical field, Informatics, Life Sciences, Health Information Administration, Statistics, Information Technology, Nursing, Pharmacy
- Job located in Bangalore, India
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Masters degree in medical field, Informatics, Life Sciences, Health Information Administration, Statistics, Information Technology, Nursing, Pharmacy, Business
- Experience with the following:
- Articulating the flow of data (structure and format) from patient to analysis and apply this knowledge to data solutions
- Deciding the technology platform (system/database) for data acquisition and aggregation
- Utilization of clinical/drug development knowledge and an ability to liaise effectively with study team members (i.e. Data Sciences, Statistics, PK, Operations, Medical)
- Strong therapeutic/scientific knowledge in the field of research
- Society of Clinical Data Management certification
- Project management experience
- Vendor management experience
- Familiarity with clinical data tools and technologies
- Understanding and experience in using data standards
- Experience with designing and handling of eCOA data
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Domestic and International travel may be required
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-4152.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up