Specialist - Marketing Editor
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The purpose of the LCCI Editor role is to partner with brands, agencies and internal partners to ensure quality, speed, value and compliance throughout the Customer Information Materials Lifecycle. The LCCI Editor is expected to be a creative problem solver who supports achievement of the brand’s goals while always seeking ways to apply the process in a more effective manner. The LCCI Editor is an advocate for each brand’s unique character who ensures tactic accuracy and compliance prior to entering the market.
- Know Lilly’s processes, brand strategies and tactics, and support resources
- Know Lilly’s culture, organizational structure, roles and practices
- Understand outside agency structures and processes
- Know Lilly’s products and services, associated brand strategies and disease states
- Understand tactic types and associated requirements
- Show knowledge of systems, software and tools
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Medical, Legal and Regulatory “areas of concern” for each brand/indication
- Have deep knowledge of grammar and composition and familiarity with scientific terms
- Have a thorough understating of Lilly's Quality processes and must be capable of understanding and applying these processes and requirements when executing their role
- Ensure quality, speed, value and compliance throughout the Customer Information Materials Lifecycle
- Identify ways to continuously improve processes
- Serve as a resource to Marketing Operations colleagues across the business unit to Share experiences and talk through knowledge and best practices
- Advocate for each brand’s unique character, and ensure tactic quality and readiness for the promotional material approval process (e.g., PCA)
- Evaluate readiness of materials and ensure deliverables meet requirements prior to submitting for MLRO review
- Review changes from Project Owner or Agency to ensure changes were made correctly and that there were no other additions or deletions, and to ensure decision rights were implemented properly and proper comments were pulled through
- Compare old with new to verify that all updates and corrections were made to final files and that comments were considered correctly – after Marketer makes updates with explanations and Marketing Project Owner implements changes
- Review and approve production proof against approved content from external print and digital vendors
Minimum Experience/Personal Skill Requirements:
- 2-4 years of experience as an copyeditor, copywriter or proofreader
- Demonstrated ability to be both accountable and trustworthy
- Proven ability to be an agile learner who’s proactive on a daily basis
- Demonstrated ability to be stress tolerant under a variety of work conditions
- Compliant, with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Able to influence, collaborate and work effectively on a team
- Skilled at analysis, judgment and decision making, with an eye toward quality and continuous improvement
- Proven planning and organizational skills
- Marketing operations experience
- Scientific, medical or pharma experience
- Master in Pharma/ Biotechnology/ Life Science Domain is preferred
Some travel required (0-10%)
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-4156.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up