Scientific Communications Specialist, Document Delivery Management
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
1. Scientific Communications Document Support
Ensure timely delivery of error-free, high-quality documents that meet international standards of written English
- Correct errors in grammar, style, formatting, and syntax. Identify and fix flaws in logic and flow
- Follow style guides/templates provided by the team
- Follow best-practice based on Lilly internal standards
- Verify data against source files, ensure accuracy and consistency of data and content within and
between related documents
Document finalization/publishing services
- Produce final eCTD-compliant PDFs of medical regulatory documents using publishing software
- Review and format Word files to ensure as many compliance requirements are in the source file as
- Render the Word files into PDFs
- Review the PDFs and edit them as needed to ensure that all regulatory requirements are met
- Launch shells and manage document metadata
- Support scientists and other functions with processing publications through steps such as editing, data
integrity review, approval and submission to specified venues. Track status, milestones & associated
- Manage Datavision, including data steward/project management responsibilities
- Support encoring efforts across therapy areas, functions and regions, by editing, adapting word counts
per venue guidelines and completing other steps in the publications procedure, as required
- Conduct literature searches, obtain and process copyright transfer and authorship agreements; verify
data and references for accuracy; create figures and diagrams, write cover letters to journal editors and
coordinate and/or conduct translation and/or validation, ensure all steps of the submission process are
- Write regulatory and publication documents to support Global Scientific Communications’ workload
- Maintain a strong customer focus
- Accountable for achieving timelines by managing activities efficiently and proactively; utilize ability to
understand and apply team communication strategies to work products
- Coach new Specialists or others requiring development in core areas
- Coordinate with vendors if any of the aforementioned activities are outsourced
2. Process efficiency and technology advancement
Maintain proficiency in applicable software, tools, processes, and workflows
Use creativity to introduce new tools, processes, and structure to accomplish broader organizational goals and
meet standards while providing solutions to streamline team workflow
Improve document processes by establishing uniform cross-organizational practices; suggest process or tool
enhancements to improve effectiveness and minimize redundancy between databases and other tools
3. Therapeutic & Disease State Management
Understand key priorities and communication strategies across therapeutic areas and/or organizational units
Maintain a working knowledge of product and disease state information
Continue to develop therapeutic knowledge and be familiar with trial design, rationale and data. Apply this
knowledge in activities listed above
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-3851.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up