RIDS - Sr Data Scientist
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, management information systems or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of experience in the core tools used by the solution services team (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Informatica (PowerCenter), AWS, Python etc.)
- Ability to work with business owners to define key business requirements and convert to technical specifications
- Experience with security models and development on large data sets
- Expertise in the design, data modeling creation, and management of large datasets/data models
- Ensure successful transition of applications to service management team through planning and knowledge transfer
- Develop expertise of processes and data used by business functions within the US Affiliate
- Responsible for system testing, ensuring effective resolution of defects, timely discussion around business issues and appropriate management of resources relevant to data and integration
- Expertise in system performance and user experience of solutions
- Expertise with analytics and business intelligence solutions (e.g. 1 or more of Tableau, PowerBI, QuickSight, Datorama, etc.)
- Partner with and influence vendor resources on solution development to ensure understanding of data and technical direction for solutions as well as delivery
- Experience with AWS
- ETL/File Movement tools.
- Experience with Agile Development.
- Familiarity with AWS database technologies.
- Experience with Lambda, Python and Spark
- Familiarity with S3, Kinesis, Glue and Athena.
- Experience with Apache Airflow and Ansible
- Experience with GitHub and Jenkins toolsets
Preferred Qualifications / Certifications
- Experience working in regulated environments and with internal systems quality policies and procedures
- Experience in working in Scrum - agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management (GITHUB), build processes
- Knowledge of the data architectures associated with information integration, data visualization, & data warehousing
- Experience in development and deployment on cloud infrastructure
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience
- Early drug discovery industry experience
- Experience with Sales & Marketing Business processes & systems
- Defining best practices and developing technical standards, design principals, best practices, and frameworks
- Business Intelligence Certifications
- Technical curiosity and desire to innovate
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-2096.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up