RIDS -LOXO Data Engineer
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the globe.
Research IDS uses information technology for the scientific discovery of new therapies that are safe and effective against a diseases. Our work helps researchers follow the science from idea to data creates the basis for clinical designs to answer scientific questions. As a member of the Research IDS organization you will work on efforts to streamline scientific experimentation, organize and manage data to drive analysis, and establish Advanced Analytics to enable the discovery of therapies and targets. You will have the opportunity to work in a highly technical, high pace, team focused, and scientifically challenging area responsible for delivery or platforms to support an ever change research environment.
As a data engineer, you will be responsible for building data processing pipelines,
data management systems and APIs to surface high-quality, curated and analysis-ready data. This is essential for data scientists and informaticians within Lilly for driving scientific insights from data. You will be leveraging cloud-based infrastructure to write custom pipelines to acquire, cleanse, harmonize and transform large volume and variety of datasets. You will ensure that databases can handle performance and security requirements of the data. You will work closely with data architects and data scientists.
Data Preparation - is an iterative process for exploring, integrating, cleaning, validating and transforming raw data into curated datasets
Note: All data engineer roles should have a foundational set of knowledge in: communication, leadership, teamwork, problem solving skills, solution / blueprint definition, business acumen, architectural processes (e.g. blueprinting, reference architecture, governance, etc.), technical standards, project delivery, and industry knowledge.
In this role you will:
- Engages Work closely with Lilly scientists business and proactively seeks opportunities to deliver business value through data.
- Disambiguates requirements and effectively translate them into technical delivery
- Understands business requirements and effectively translates business needs and process into technical terms, and vice versa Elicits and defines requirements Ensures appropriate business roles are engaged in solution execution. Participates in design reviews to ensure traceability of requirements. Networks with appropriate IT colleagues within IT to determine the best solutions and approaches for the technical delivery to meet business partners’ needs. Seeks opportunities to reuse existing processes, infrastructure and platforms and services to streamline support and implementation of key systems.
- Adapt to constantly changing research environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in the core tools used by the solution services team (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Informatica, AWS, Python etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience working in the following:
- Python or R
- Relational databases and SQL
- AWS or other cloud platform
GitHubAbility to work with business owners to define key business requirements and convert to technical specificationsExperience with security models and development on large data setsExpertise in the design, data modeling creation, and management of large datasets/data modelsExperience with AWS ETL/File Movement tools.
- Experience with Agile Development.
- Familiarity with AWS database technologies.
- Experience with Lambda, Python and Spark Familiarity with S3, Kinesis, Glue and Athena.
- Experience with Apache Airflow and Ansible Experience with GitHub and Jenkins toolsets
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience
- Experience working in regulated environment with internal system quality policies and procedures
Experience in working in Scrum - agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management (GITHUB), build processes
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-12479.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up