RIDS - Data Engineer
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Business Analysis and Technical Leadership
- Engages with Lilly scientistsbusiness and proactively seeks opportunities to deliver business value through data.
- Disambiguates requirements and effectively translate them into technical delivery
- Understands business requirements and effectively translates business needs and process into technical terms, and vice versa
- Elicits and defines requirements Ensures appropriate business roles are engaged in solution execution. Participates in design reviews to ensure traceability of requirements.
- Work closely with product owners to iterate over requirements using agile practicesNetworks with appropriate IT colleagues to determine solutions to meet business partners’ needs.
- Seeks opportunities to reuse existing processes infrastructure and platforms and services to streamline support and implementation of key systems.
- Stay up-to-date on external technological landscape to influence organization strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in the core tools used by the solution services team (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Informatica, AWS, Python etc.)
- 5+ years of experience working in Python, R, SQL databases and GitHub
- 5+ years of experience working with AWS or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- Ability to work with business owners to define key business requirements and convert to technical specificationsExperience with database and API security models and development on large data sets
- Expertise in the design data modelling , and management of large datasets with focus on performance
- Previous experience utilizing DevOps in projects such as GitHub, Docker and Jenkins for CI/CD
- Experience working with Agile frameworksExperience with AWS ETL/File Movement tools. Experience with Agile Development. Familiarity with AWS database technologies. Experience with Lambda, Python and Spark Familiarity with S3, Kinesis, Glue and Athena. Experience with Apache Airflow and Ansible
Experience with GitHub and Jenkins toolsetsPreferred Qualifications
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Experience working in regulated environment with internal systems quality policies and procedures
- Experience with workflow management technologies such as Apache Airflow
Experience in working in Scrum - agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management (GITHUB), build processes
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-13910.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up