At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Organization: MEDICAL AFFAIRS
Purpose: Scientific data and information are core assets of Lilly. Providing balanced, objective, and accurate information to regulators, the scientific community, health care professionals, payers, and patients in a consistent and timely fashion across the entire drug development lifecycle is fundamental to Lilly.
As healthcare providers are deluged with data and are making choices in an increasingly complex and stressed health system, Lilly Medical Affairs provides clear, credible answers that will set Lilly apart from its competitors. Medical Affairs’ mission is to make Lilly the preferred pharmaceutical partner in the healthcare community globally by leveraging its medical expertise to drive patient-centric answers and solutions. Medical Affairs (MA) brings deep medical expertise to healthcare providers and payers. MA focuses on answering their questions with customized clinical and real-world evidence that can make the difference on if and how they use Lilly products. Additionally, MA brings clinical insights from customers back to the company to inform new product development and lifecycle planning. MA also supports patients with educational tools to help them manage their illness and with assistance to access our medicines for those facing tough financial situations. The MA content development team will be key in maintaining, creating, and getting the content approved to support Medical Affairs activities such as:
- Slide Updates
- Internal Training Slides
- Manuscript Slides
- Data Slides
- Newsletters/ bulletin
- QR Compendium
- Affiliate Regional Slides
- HCP & patient education material
- Advisory board slides
- Competitive landscape slides
- Image sourcing, image redraws
- MQAD (Medical Questions Analysis Document)
Position Description: The primary purpose of the Project Coordinator/Process Owner is to support the Global and Affiliate Medical Affairs teams and other functions to produce high-quality documents that can be used by internal and external audience. Among other responsibilities, the primary responsibility of this role will be to partner with global functions to establish the requirements for the creation, revision, approval, maintenance, and retirement of certain Global Medical Affairs (MA)-owned materials prior to distribution to affiliates or business partners. The person should be able to manage and refine the integrated, cross-functional Global Medical Affairs Materials and other MA tactics review processes through Veeva Vault MedComms (VVMC) that will be used by all Therapeutic Areas of the Global Medical Affairs C function to provide seamless experience to Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and Consumers (eg, patients, caregivers). The Process Owner will be responsible to ensure quality, speed, value, and compliance throughout the journey of the MA tactics.
- Securing, updating/editing, uploading, and managing periodic reviews/new MA tactics listed above
- Tracking and monitoring the overall quality of the deliverable and timelines to ensure affiliate teams have adequate time for localization
- Serve as a first point of contact regarding material submission, tracking, follow-up, and platform support
- Check for submission accuracy and completeness and tactics
- Ensure tasks are assigned to appropriate reviewers to complete new and periodic reviews
- Verifying that all functional inputs are secured
- Ensuring all the supporting documents are uploaded to the content review and approval platform (VVMC) prior to submitting the tactic for Medical/Legal/Regulatory review by global and/or affiliate teams
- Navigating the workflow within VVMC or other similar software to take projects through their lifecycle, from initiation through withdrawal
- Demonstrate knowledge of tactic types and the associated business rules
- Demonstrate a thorough understating of Lilly's review processes and must be capable of understanding and applying these processes and requirements when executing their role
- Comprehending project/content management tools such as Wrike, Veeva Vault, and any other tools that may be rolled out from time-to-time to meet the business requirements
- Identifying ways to continuously improve processes by exploring opportunities to reduce costs and by documenting the rationale behind tactic decisions
- Ensuring quality, speed, value, and compliance throughout the tactic lifecycle
- Participating actively in deviation investigations and contribute to continuous improvement efforts as role dictates
- Managing and tracking timelines for tactics and key milestones
- Anticipating potential issues, proactively communicating with stakeholders and reviewers, and working toward resolutions in a timely and compliant manner
Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience. Masters in Pharma/Biotechnology/Life Science or any other domain is preferred.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 3 Years of experience in digital content project management/coordination (eg, Emailers, Web sites, and Banners etc.) space in Pharma /Marketing/Digital Marketing/ Vendor Management experience is preferable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and troubleshoot challenges by collaborating with cross-functional colleagues, external vendors, and customers
- Demonstrated project management and time management skills
- Cognitive abilities, including verbal reasoning, attention to detail, critical thinking, and analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to be flexible in varying environments
- Ability to utilize high-level end-user computer skills (e.g., word processing, tables and graphics, spreadsheets, presentations, and templates)
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team, within and across culturally and geographically diverse environments
- Proven ability to assemble, share and apply key learnings across multiple projects
- Proven ability to be a proactive agile learner
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight timelines with competing priorities
- Build strong partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Schedule weekly calls and provide status reports proactively
- Accept & own responsibility of deliverables
- Able to influence, collaborate and work effectively in a team
- Attention to detail, with an eye toward quality and continuous improvement
- Proven planning and organizational skills
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-27393.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up