Mfg Network Traffic and Firewall Analyst – SME
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Manufacturing and Quality IDS supports operational excellence and productivity efforts through utilization of information and technology. Within the MQ IDS Cybersecurity team the continued focus is on business needs and architecture of the future, including mobility, device independence, big data and IOT, cloud capability and a virtual infrastructure among others, with the objective to support and protect a quickly evolving manufacturing business and site model.
The MQ Cybersecurity team plays a critical in ensuring availability and integrity of manufacturing processes and data. A key component of current and future initiatives is Protect technologies and their associated operational support processes, including protection, monitoring & analyzing data through Belden endpoint device firewalls and Splunk. The Belden SME role utilizes deep technologist expertise to maintain and expand these capabilities. The role will have business, technical and application knowledge and will be relied on for leadership to:
- Serve as platform custodian and system architect for Belden endpoint device firewalls and the corresponding HiVision management console within MQ. Define and maintain the installation footprint of existing physical firewall devices, corresponding application software, and configurations
- Lead support activities associated with Belden firewalls and HiVision, including troubleshooting application communications inside or outside the Belden firewall, maintaining system documentation, and streamlining the operational support of firewall rulesets by use of templates
- Deploy new Belden firewalls and update firewall rules in alignment with workstation endpoints application functionality. Work with global Belden firewall technician(s) or site infrastructure analyst(s) as needed to complete this work.
- Own the strategy for the utilization of Belden firewalls as appropriate mitigation of cybersecurity risks
- Engage with Belden vendor to understand the product roadmap, and provide recommendations for its adoption within MQ
- Provide Tier 1 support of initial investigation of potential cybersecurity incidents in the Mfg network. Partner with Corporate Information Security for investigation.
- Own and maintain the integration of Belden log file data into Splunk for ongoing ruleset maintenance or ruleset improvement initiatives. Own and maintain any relevant Splunk dashboards.
- Participate in the execution of the Mfg cybersecurity strategy, including but not limited to 3.5 DMZ deployment, MIND inventory, Enterprise Splunk consolidation or detection strategy.
- Promote ongoing education of cybersecurity throughout the MQ, as well other business units, particularly but not limited to the Belden firewalls.
- Leveraging various network and data traffic monitoring tools, this role is also responsible for to provide support for application audit trials as needed
- Vulnerability Management, Pro-active Detection of cyber threats that might impact Mfg. Network and create and action plan in coordination with corporate Info Sec group.
This position will report to the MQ IDS Architecture and Cybersecurity Manager and will work closely with all members of the team, as well as the MQ IDS Security Advisor, to ensure operational excellence for MQ Cybersecurity.
- Bachelors’ Degree in IT, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years direct experience with cybersecurity principles and technologies
- 2+ years of direct support of firewall ruleset management (Belden preferred)
- 2+ years of support or usage of Splunk
- Strong understanding of Manufacturing S95 network architecture
- Strong experience w/ Network and firewall monitoring tools
- Demonstrated technical competence in MQ IDS Architecture and Cybersecurity systems.
- Experience with NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Experience with Citrix
- Participation as a lead SME / consultant in at least one global IDS program with architecture consulting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
- Expertise working in complex, diverse landscapes (business, technology, regulatory, partners, providers, cultures)
- Demonstrated ability to establish and leverage key internal and external cross-functional relationships to develop ideas, solutions and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence integration points with other areas, processes, functions, business leaders, and vendors.
- Proactive and demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and strong ability to drive peers and above to timely decisions.
- Understanding of GMP requirements and experience delivering within those requirements.
- Flexibility to travel internationally as needed
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-12806.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up