Medical Affairs Graphic Designer
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Scientific data and information are core assets of Lilly. Providing balanced, objective, and accurate information to regulators, the scientific community, health care professionals, payers, and patients in a consistent and timely fashion across the entire drug development lifecycle is fundamental to Lilly.
As healthcare providers are deluged with data and are making choices in an increasingly complex and stressed health system, Lilly Medical Affairs is able to provide clear, credible answers that will set Lilly apart from its competitors. Medical Affairs’ mission is to make Lilly the preferred pharmaceutical partner in the healthcare community globally by leveraging its medical expertise to drive patient-centric answers and solutions. Medical Affairs (MA) brings deep medical expertise to healthcare providers and payers. MA focuses on answering their questions with customized clinical and real-world evidence that can make the difference on if and how they use Lilly products. Additionally, MA brings clinical insights from customers back to the company to inform new product development and lifecycle planning. MA also supports patients with educational tools to help them manage their illness and with assistance to access our medicines for those facing tough financial situations. The MA content development team will be key in maintaining and creating content to support Medical Affairs activities such as:
- Slide Updates
- Internal Training Slides
- Manuscript Slides
- Data Slides
- Newsletters/ bulletin
- QR Compendium
- Affiliate Regional Slides
- HCP & patient education material
- Advisory board slides
- Competitive landscape slides
- Image sourcing, image redraws
- MQAD (Medical Questions Analysis Document)
The Creative Services Designer is responsible for delivering a variety of finished designed pieces including slide decks, advertising, brochures, and other creative materials that represent Lilly brands and business functions. In partnership with Medical Affairs team members and other Lilly USA business partners, the Creative Services Designer will develop a variety of resources to be leveraged across multiple platforms and audiences, internally and externally.
- Works collaboratively with Medical Affairs team members to understand the creative needs of internal business partners
- Creates print and digital tactics derived from existing tactics or new tactics to meet requirements and specifications as defined by project owners
- Create/develop tactics utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud applications and other applicable software (e.g., Sketch, Microsoft applications)
- Prepares design options according to Project Briefs and communication medium
- Provides final layouts and instructions for print execution as needed
- Answers questions and provides consultation to employees to assist in their understanding and consistent application of brand guidelines
- Ensures the appropriate licensing of photos for new tactics and uploads finished files to the asset management database
- Follows the relevant review processes prior to final production for all creative assets
Minimum Experience/Personal Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, visual communications, or related degree
- 5+ years of creative agency or related experience as a member of the creative team
- 5+ years of experience with recent versions of Adobe Creative Cloud applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, and Photoshop)
- Competence with standard IT tools (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Strong English interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work on multiple print and digital projects simultaneously, meet tight deadlines, manage high work volumes, and deal with rapidly changing priorities
- Proven ability to work proactively to address customer and overall business needs
- Works well independently and in partnership with others
- Demonstrated ability to apply practical or technical knowledge and experience to visual brand issues where no or limited direction is given, with proven understanding of typography, type treatment, and color
- Proactively seeks solutions within Medical Affairs team and cross-functionally (e.g., with Creative Services )
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Candidates will be expected to supply a sample of their portfolios to demonstrate expertise
- Internal Candidates: Competence with existing Lilly USA business processes & platforms
- Internal Candidates: No CPP or GPP violations over the most recent two year period
- Experience with project management tools (e.g., Wrike, Workamajig, Jira) preferred
- 5+ years of print production and medical affairs experience
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Demonstrated prioritization skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meet tight deadlines, and deal with rapidly changing priorities
- Experience creating modular design components (e.g., images, tables) for use in templates
- Meticulous attention to detail, including commitment to following brand and other defined standards
- Exhibit excellent problem solving skills
- Works well under pressure, responds well to feedback, and keeps a positive attitude
- High level of motivation and a strong desire to find creative solutions to challenging situations
- Demonstrated ability to enforce business rules and policies in a constructive but disciplined manner
- Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or related degree
- Some travel required (0-10%)
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-2258.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up