MD IDS - Senior DevOps Technical Leader
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Medicines Development IDS (MD IDS) serves as a strategic function within Lilly Research Laboratories (LRL) partnering with the Medicines Development Unit (MDU). The MDU focuses on taking potential marketable products from Research through product registration and approval.
Medicines Development IDS focuses on the MDU business needs of the future, enabling improvements through information and technology solutions. The teams define and influence information and business strategies, design and develop solutions to achieve the strategic outcomes, and ensure reliable deployment and support of these solutions.
The role of the MD IDS Clinical Design and Statistical Innovation Senior DevOps Technical Leader acts as the primary DevOps and Technical Leader for a portfolio of applications and/or services, leads a variety of resources to tactically maintain their applications within service levels, and is well versed in the business processes, technologies, and vendor/user relationships tied to the applications and services. They engage with business partners, vendors, external service providers, and IT partners to enhance and maintain the value and stability of the MD IDS application portfolio.
Key Objectives and Deliverables:
- Leads internal partners and external suppliers in ensuring that the MD IDS Clinical Design and Statistical Innovation team delivers maximum business value, remain technically relevant, complaint, sustainable and cost effective.
- Develops in-depth business knowledge and strong relationships with business partners
- Ensures tight integration and alignment between production operation releases and new feature development.
- Partner with Key Initiative delivery teams in the design, and delivery of new tools that have an impact on the clinical portfolio.
- Owns the development and support of the existing portfolio of tools, with a curiosity and desire to improve the clinical portfolio.
- Uses standardized processes for requirements definition, analysis, design, construct, test and release management activities.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the rest of the DevOps team.
- Partners with Solution Architect on technology directions and design.
- Anticipate changes to the solution offerings at the enterprise level through a broad understanding of the technical issues and partner with internal service delivery teams.
- Produces and maintains project documentation as required, including that of Computer Systems Quality
- Modifies existing systems or integrates packaged systems with existing infrastructure to meet business requirements
- Ensures Lilly information assets are protected from malicious content and access to information is restricted to authorized personnel only
- Partner with the Service Management team to incorporate service improvements through Standard Operating Procedures or code updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, management information systems or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years knowledge of the software development life cycle, spanning the entire lifecycle from project initiation to deployment, support, and retirement
- Strong analytical, problem solving and investigative skills
- Experience in the design and implementation of serverless data pipelines.
- Strong experience with AWS data technologies (such as Aurora Postgres, S3 and Redshift) covering security, policies, access management
- Strong experience with Agile Development, CI/CD, Jira and Github,
- Strong development experience with Java or Python with a preference towards Python.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A high level of intellectual curiosity, external perspective, and innovation interest.
- Experience in the monitoring and troubleshooting of applications running in production environments.
- Experience in applying quality and compliance requirements
- Scrum Master Certification
- ITIL Certification
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-9860.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up