MD IDS Data Engineer - DHAI
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Brand Description:
Medicines Development IT (MD IT) serves as a strategic function within Lilly Research Laboratories (LRL) partnering with the Medicines Development Unit (MDU). The MDU focuses on taking potential marketable products from Research through product registration and approval.
Medicines Development IT focuses on the MDU business needs of the future, enabling improvements through information and technology solutions. The teams define and influence information and business strategies, design and develop solutions to achieve the strategic outcomes, and ensure reliable deployment and support of these solutions.
The role of the MD IDS Clinical Design and Statistical Innovation Data Engineer, is responsible for ensuring the availability and quality of data needed for analysis and business transactions. This includes data integration, acquisition, cleansing, harmonization and transforming raw data into curated datasets for data science, data discovery, and BI/analytics. Responsible for developing, constructing, testing and maintaining data sets and scalable data processing systems.
Key Objectives and Deliverables:
- Gather user requirements and translate them into business solutions.
- Design, develop, test, improve, and maintain new and existing solutions for data integration, data prep, ingestion, cleansing, and transforming raw data into curated datasets for business consumption.
- Incorporate deep data management expertise into solutions, including permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring.
- Work with Computer Systems Quality team to validate solutions.
- Identify, troubleshoot, debug, and resolve technical issues.
- Work with business and IT groups to understand source systems and enterprise infrastructure offerings.
- Work with data from multiple data sources to build integrated views that will drive decisions
- Consult with internal customers who own the data to develop information relationships that lead to actionable insights.
- Work in Agile Sprints with business facing project teams
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years’ experience in the implementation of modern data ecosystems in AWS/Cloud platforms.
- Strong data model design and implementation experience.
- Strong experience with AWS data technologies (such as Aurora Postgres, S3 & other AWS Data Services) covering security, policies, access management
- Experience with AWS ETL/File Movement tools such as GLUE, Athena and other AWS integration products.
- Experience with Agile Development, Jira, CI/CD and Github
- Programming experience with SQL and Python.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A high level of intellectual curiosity, external perspective, and innovation interest
- Strong analytical, problem solving and investigative skills
- Experience in applying quality and compliance requirements
- Experience with security models and development on large data sets
- ITIL Certification
- R Development
- AWS Lambdas and Step Functions
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-9857.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up